Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Bodog software

When I first saw the software I was shocked. Bodog is a billion dollar company?? I wouldn't feed that crap to my dog.

And the hand histories? lol
Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 AM

Sorry beanie didn't see your post.

One of the main issues for me is a small one - you dont' have an option to save your password. Another one is the freezes when there are connection issues, or when a new table is loading up. This is not a bug but a problem with the way the software is designed. This is on top of the obvious bugs.

There are many things you do better than other sites, and with an improved interface and fixing of the few niggling bugs I'd spend a lot more time at bodog.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:46 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
One that should be very simple to fix. When I sit down at a table the default should be to wait for the bb - not to post the bb. I get very upset when I post $30 under the gun. I have complained to customer service multiple times. They have credited my account some of the times for the $30. It still is not worth the hassle and cost me much more than that in losses playing out of position and on tilt my first hand.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This only got me the first time I played. It definately benefits me more than it hurts me.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:57 AM

I would agree, if you can train yourself to handle it preflop you will do well against the people that aren't so familiar. I have brought it up in the past.

I actually wouldn't mind helping sniper as long as people understand that this is a process and can be civil. I think the majority of time people post rudely because they don't expect anyone to respond. I have been a long time lurker and wouldn't have any problem relaying feedback. I think thus far people have given great instances that are very specific and that is incredibly helpful.

Also just as an FYI I don't work for Bodog and I will never recieve incentive for doing this (people tend to ask that a lot). Actually in this instance I would be doing it because as a group you seem unhappy.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 AM

Beanie,

Thanks for your offer to relay these issues; I promise to be civil. I would love to see the software improve, and see Bodog fix some longstanding bugs, especially the one I referenced.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 PM

Biggest problem I have is that every time I play on Bodog at some point I will no longer be able to open new tables (this table is no longer available message on all new tables) and will have to completely exit then sign back in. As I like to multi table this is a pain as much of my time is spent with only one table open as I wait to finish a HU game before I can shut down and get in new games again. I have NEVER played a session of more than 60 minutes where this has not come up.

Auto muck doesn't work much of the time and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why.

When I multi table the table grind to a near halt most of the time. This is with nothing else going on (no internet, no other poker programs, etc.) and Bodog is the only site I play that has this issue. I can 4 table at Stars or FCP with no problems but rarely can I get 2 tables going at Bodog without a major slowdown. I can still play but it borders on painful.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest problem I have is that every time I play on Bodog at some point I will no longer be able to open new tables (this table is no longer available message on all new tables) and will have to completely exit then sign back in. As I like to multi table this is a pain as much of my time is spent with only one table open as I wait to finish a HU game before I can shut down and get in new games again. I have NEVER played a session of more than 60 minutes where this has not come up.

Auto muck doesn't work much of the time and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why.

When I multi table the table grind to a near halt most of the time. This is with nothing else going on (no internet, no other poker programs, etc.) and Bodog is the only site I play that has this issue. I can 4 table at Stars or FCP with no problems but rarely can I get 2 tables going at Bodog without a major slowdown. I can still play but it borders on painful.

[/ QUOTE ]

your first 2 issues are my major concerns, to a T, and the third happens occasionally. but the not allowing opening new tables and having to wait till i'm not in a blind or at 200/400 in a sng is hurting my amt of tables and hourly. not as bad as only 3 tables at a time, but still sucks.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:58 PM

IMO, the irritating software problems such as auto-muck not working and not saving the password are completely irrelevant compared to the fact that after about 30 minutes the software is completely unplayable. I have a computer that is less than a month old, with 2 gb of RAM, etc. Yet Bodog crashes every 30 minutes or so.

After complaining, I actually received a call from a Bodog Technician. This shocked me, as the guy was very helpful in trying to make the software stable. Sadly, after all his help the problem still exists. He tried to blame my COMODO software firewall and internet connection for the crashes, but the firewall does not get in the way of any other site, and I have a Dual-Wan router to stop internet interruptions from happening.

Poker is not playable there as far as I'm concerned. You simply can't have it crashing during pivotal tournament hands and big cash game pots. In the end, the money lost from these problems is not made up for by the game quality, and that says a lot.

What makes this situation so much more ridiculous is the fact that their old software was very stable, it was one of my top sites.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 PM

I've played dozens of sites and surprisingly, find Bodog's interface very appealing (when it's working properly). Why? (1) Clean layout (2) Fast (3) Unique. It's a nice switch from playing on the standard tables(read monotonous and busy) that every other site has.

The main problem is the same voiced by others. The software crashes constantly, particularly with 3 tables open. This is a HUGE problem.

My pet peeve is playing 3 tables and misclicking "Bodog Support." It slows down everything. It's easy to do if you multitable a lot. The solution to this problem is simple enough. Put the support function somewhere else, like in the help menu, not at the top of every table. Leave the 1-800 number there, though.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me.