Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 01:53 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: Favorite Poker Room in Vegas?

From my observations from last July:

Tropicana was a gold mine for 1-2. Mostly tourists who want to play the game they see on TV. Small room with only 1 or 2 tables going. Good cocktail service, especially from the tall leggy waitress nicknamed "Princess."

At Caesars I sat in the middle of a batchelor party who had been golfing during the day and were re-hydrating with beer. Needless to say that game was quite profitable.

Flamingo's game was mostly locals who enjoyed shipping their money back and forth. I became the bottleneck in the distribution system. Very friendly place.

Mirage was probably the toughest room I played at, mainly because of the awful suckouts and totally nonexistant cocktail service. Probably just a bad shift.

Venitian had the nicest setup that I played at. Great room, good dealers and an obnoxious woman who berated everyone she beat. One guy finally told her that if she were a man she'd get her ass kicked before the end of the night. I think I just happened to hit a tougher table there that night, because I left about even after about 3 hours.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:36 PM

Bellagio, Mirage, Wynn, in that order. Bellagio is the clear winner because of the choice of games. Red Rock is really nice but out of the way. Venetian's room is beautiful but the floor people and dealers are boneheads.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM

Thanks everybody. I'll start off at the Mirage and go from there. Just looking for better players and seup than what the MGM offered. Mirage sounds like it's pretty good. Bellagio is probably out of my bankroll though.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 PM

Also I'm really looking for the won that has the least amount of No Fold Em Hold Em. MGM was full of that crap. Drove me nuts last time.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Please feel free to blast me if my logic is wrong, but what's wrong with no fold 'em holdem? I understand that it's frustrating to suffer some beats with sane cards when someone sucks out on the river, but overall, playing against poor players like that is very profitable, if you adjust your strategy accordingly. I think that Miller/Sklansky/Malmuth did a pretty amazing job of outlining strategy thinking for loose games in "Small Stakes Hold 'em". From my experience, folks that complain about all the bad beats in a loose game are usually not very good players, or at the very least, aren't playing the proper strategy to milk the loose players.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Well I haven't read SSHE but when I have KK, I don't like any ace calling me all the time, and flush draws always calling all the way to the river. Hopefully I'll adjust better this time.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'm really looking for the won that has the least amount of No Fold Em Hold Em. MGM was full of that crap. Drove me nuts last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money haters.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I haven't read SSHE but when I have KK, I don't like any ace calling me all the time, and flush draws always calling all the way to the river. Hopefully I'll adjust better this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSHE is geared towards limit, not no limit. If flush draws are calling you to the river, maybe you're not betting enough for it to be a mistake to call you.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't want action when you have kings? You just want to pick up the blinds?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bet pot; cross fingers