Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: New video up

I cant get the file to work
Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 AM

you have to drill into the directory from the link. It's in the folder.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:16 AM

DD - you should make a web page for the videos, rather than via an FTP folder.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:08 AM

It's in the works [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-25-2006, 07:25 AM

Can anyone help me out? I am having trouble running the videos. It gives me a quicktime error after I download. I see the bar where I can pause and everything, but no video or sound.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:02 PM

You shouldn't watch the video in Quicktime, open the video in Microsoft Windows Media instead.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2006, 12:10 PM

back half

by now I would have all kinds of notes on Rare CF.

46:40 - you cap with a very tight image and a 3578 vs rarecf, he stands pat and you only draw one with the idea that you can make him break on a later round. Am I correct in thinking that the more straightforward play would be to draw 2 when he stands pat there?

49:15 - you steal with a 753 otb and rare threebets. you draw two, he draws one and you pick up 98753. rare bets, you dedide to play it as a pat hand and raise. Rare calls, stands pat and bets at you when you break the 9. Rare had an 8765, and you felt like you were in some tough spots there. How would you rate Rare's play in this hand?

58:00 - coldcall three bets in the sb with 247 implying that rare could come along from the bb (which he does not). Everyone draws 2 and you draw a T8742. you check and wrto who's been a little crazy bets otb. you pondered checkraising wrto and staying pat, given how he'd been playing I think that's definitely going to be the best play.
Two reasons - 1) vs one drawing hand you're a favorite and vs 2 drawing hands you're a dog, and 2)wrto has already shown a propensity to draw a lot of cards after driving the action.

you ran pretty badly throughout, but it looked like a bad game as well. I personally wouldn't have been sitting at that table.

thx again for the videos DD!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:11 PM

Thanks for making this video -- instructive and interesting to watch.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone help me out? I am having trouble running the videos. It gives me a quicktime error after I download. I see the bar where I can pause and everything, but no video or sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

As TT said, windows media player should work much better, but unless there is a need to download it I'd just hit the html page and watch it in the web browser.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-25-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

24:35 - 5678 otb vs aggro sb and draw happy bb

you said that you'd want to make a real hand because of how aggro sb had been playing, but considering the number of cards that both he and the bb had been drawing after heavy early action I'd think you can steal and draw to the 8 profitably. Negranu's chapter in SS2 says that a 9 is a fav vs two people drawing. I'd suspect that you can catch that 8 and be in good shape vs these two - even if you face heavy multiway action early on. I really think that you can make pretty rough hands stand up vs this lineup.

Felt like its a reverse implied odds situation where I win a small pot with 8765x or lose a big pot when someone beats that which isn't too hard to do. And I'm against the type of guys who aren't just going to give up when they see I'm only drawing one, they are hoping I have a hand like I have here and I hate to prove them right.

29:30 - you check a pat 87 on the end vs 3 villains. what's the worst hand you'll bet for value in this spot?

Thought this one was really close, the problem was I didn't want to have to fold to a raise in that big pot. I'd bet an 86432 for sure, the others between that hand and mine are all close and fuzzy for me.

31:35 - you note that you're used to experiencing a lot of variance in TD, and the 15 bet swing is no big deal. I think that your emphasis on tightness in this session is probably influencing that, as you're not really getting into any confrontations with anything marginal.

Not sure exactly what you mean but I think your saying I took the tightness to -EV proportions and watching it back I agree but only slightly. Mostly I just never had many hands and it was often 3 bets to me. Not the best game (but not a tough game, I mean if the 30/60s play like that I'll never quit).

34:40 - you raise brucelee's donk into you with 87 after the second round where you both drew one. What's your line if he threebets?

Tough decision there, sometimes I'd cap but more frequently I'd call and stand pat behind him. I don't think I'm breaking 87432.

35:18 - cool snow. I still suck at snowing.

I thought I picked a couple good snowing spots, maybe could have found a couple more.

36:10 - 98 threehanded you threebet from the sb vs brucelee and he caps. you toss the 9 after considering standing pat. I've been tending to stand pat and make a decision on breaking on a later draw. Since you have position all of your decisions are easy if draws, and it seems that he's going to have no choice but to play straightforwardly against you there.

I thought he might still draw 2 and just be capping a strong 2 card draw, so I wouldn't be in awful shape and maybe still a card ahead. I thought if I draw at 98 I'm basically snowing and this didn't seem like the spot for it.

back half

by now I would have all kinds of notes on Rare CF.

I was only playing one table and doing nothing else, I didn't take many notes but I have a good memory for people. Also, he changed gears a few times to the point where I couldn't decide what to write, thinking if I saw him the next time and relied on my note I might get into trouble. Better to just keep observing him I was thinking.

46:40 - you cap with a very tight image and a 3578 vs rarecf, he stands pat and you only draw one with the idea that you can make him break on a later round. Am I correct in thinking that the more straightforward play would be to draw 2 when he stands pat there?

I hate to give people credit for huge hands when they just go pat all the way, tossing the 8 to draw at 357 is a bit of monsters under the bed syndrome IMO. He just happened to always have it against me, he was getting more than his fair share for the amount of hands he was playing. I can't really be mad, when I'm goofing around in TDL and playing every hand my play looks very much like his. I thought his post-draw play was pretty solid and there's a chance he's a very good player playing too low. Also a chance he's a dumb LAG donk who can play a bit.

49:15 - you steal with a 753 otb and rare threebets. you draw two, he draws one and you pick up 98753. rare bets, you dedide to play it as a pat hand and raise. Rare calls, stands pat and bets at you when you break the 9. Rare had an 8765, and you felt like you were in some tough spots there. How would you rate Rare's play in this hand?

I thought he played the hand pretty well. He actually used his first position to put me to a tough decision and didn't even need to reraise to do it. Though if I stood pat behind him and he called me down the whole way I'd say he is making a losing play in the long run. I liked the way I played this hand, I read him well but could never improve my hands.

58:00 - coldcall three bets in the sb with 247 implying that rare could come along from the bb (which he does not).

Think this is awful? No one really commented on this one.

Everyone draws 2 and you draw a T8742. you check and wrto who's been a little crazy bets otb. you pondered checkraising wrto and staying pat, given how he'd been playing I think that's definitely going to be the best play.
Two reasons - 1) vs one drawing hand you're a favorite and vs 2 drawing hands you're a dog, and 2)wrto has already shown a propensity to draw a lot of cards after driving the action.

The problem I was having in this hand was I felt like I couldn't checkraise and then draw one at 8742, I'd be putting in money with the worst hand (vs one of them) and OOP. So if I played it pat I was hoping to get it heads up and then I still have a T8 with two draws to go. If they both come along I'm a big dog to have my hand hold up and if anyone reraises I will have to break anyway. Being OOP here really hurt my options and I decided to just play it boring and try and improve the 87 draw. Notice that it wouldn't have worked, the other guy wasn't going anywhere for two bets and I would have bloated a pot OOP with the worst draw. I think a case could have been made for betting out but I tend to check to the aggressor a lot. Wish I would have bet the river though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

you ran pretty badly throughout, but it looked like a bad game as well. I personally wouldn't have been sitting at that table.

It really wasn't that bad, as I said earlier if that's the way the 30/60 games play I'll play til I'm broke [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thx again for the videos DD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the comments.
-DeathDonkey