Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Brand New What?

As long as we're going for some humour, heard this at the table the other day and thought it was good.

How come there are no Costco's in Iraq?

Because there's a Target on every corner. BBBBBBBddooooooop. Piiiiiiiiiiiish.

Insert head shakes and groans.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Brand New What?

On a funny parallel. Fort McDowell recently got a new shipment of chips. Same old design, just nice and new, sharp edges and far most importantly they are CLEAN! Playing with these chips I might even stop washing my hands before I use the restroom...

So I am out there for the nightly MTT, but get stuck with a 3/6 game as the 5-150 if full and with a list and ~1 hour before the MTT there is no way I am getting a seat.

I have one of your Commerce A-holes on the table. When I first sit, the dealer is just finishing washing a new setup deck. Before an orbit is even complete A-Hole has totally nitt'ed up the table, calling misdeals when there was none, calling "string bet!" when there was none, or it was really marginal. Time for a new down and you guessed it, A-Hole wants a new setup even though he has been playing on a new setup for less than a full orbit!

Floor is called over for a setup and Peter is aghast at the request. Noting that the second deck from the last new setup hasn't even been used yet. A-Hole launches into his rant of why he wants a new setup and why he is entitled to one to the moans on the table. Peter being the good customer service floor pussy he is, gives in...

Hey Peter while you are getting that new setup, would you change out this rack of dirty crappy old chips for a rack of the CLEAN new ones?!??!

No.

Well if you are willing to stop a game to get the second new setup in less than 15 minutes for no good reason, I think you should allow me to make a similarly ridiculous request and get me a rack of fresh new clean chips! (to the chuckles and 'yeah he's right' of the table)

With a complete look of "Crap he has me there, and I can not say no to him and yes to the other guy, CRAP!" Peter gives in and calls a chip runner to get me a fresh new rack of chips...

The new chips and setup arrive at more or less the same time... "Now this is the last time I am stopping this game for this kind of nonsense! No more new setups and no more chip changes! Now play poker!"

I proceed to straddle the A-Hole's kill pot... and take a huge pot playing blind. A-Hole asks for a table change. I ask for clean chips for all the dirty ones I just won... The table explodes in laughter.

Peter truly hates me... but hey I figure that "on job training" is always tough.