whoa, why is this in here now?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Polltarding

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved it because iron's OP starts with this:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the rule against making "stupid" polls in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he's green, this is definitely something that belongs more in the mod forum than AtF, but it's not a big deal to me either. If Mat spots this and thinks it would be fine for AtF, I won't mind him moving it back at all.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:50 PM

i was going to criticize iron for criticizing OOT mods in the forums, but that would have constituted a violation of the no-criticizing mods policy.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice poll Nick...
Old 11-21-2006, 05:00 PM

Dude, say something in a PM if I screwed up. Mike Haven let it stay because he thought you were ok with it. God knows I can handle criticism, considering that every ban I make gets its own ATF thread. Oh, and sorry.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM

LOL... Iron, fwiw... have your battles with OOT mods in here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps... you are doing fine, imo

But what's up with this from the other thread...

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'll point out that Mickey was the one who notified me of this. Mickey normally doesn't think anyone should be banned, so if he's complaining there's something to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2006, 05:36 PM

Every ban I make gets its own Mod forum thread as well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The text I got Copernicus for is in the OP of that thread. He acted like an ass so he got a 1 day ban.

Mickey Brauch has argued against every ban I have made. When the racism thread a few weeks ago popped up, Mickey accused the author of the linked site of being an neo-Nazi. When I asked him in a PM why, he refused, fearing that I would use the info to ban BluffTHIS. So to answer your question, I was making an appeal to authority.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was going to criticize iron for criticizing OOT mods in the forums, but that would have constituted a violation of the no-criticizing mods policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post unintentionally speaks volumes.

Apparently some of us no longer see any difference between OOT rules and OOT mods.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every ban I make gets its own Mod forum thread as well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The text I got Copernicus for is in the OP of that thread. He acted like an ass so he got a 1 day ban.

Mickey Brauch has argued against every ban I have made. When the racism thread a few weeks ago popped up, Mickey accused the author of the linked site of being an neo-Nazi. When I asked him in a PM why, he refused, fearing that I would use the info to ban BluffTHIS. So to answer your question, I was making an appeal to authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron... you've read enough to know my position on short term bans... I certainly don't care that you banned Copernicus for a day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But, something seems wrong with giving Mickey/Cyrus' opinions strong weight, in your modding decisions...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This post unintentionally speaks volumes.

Apparently some of us no longer see any difference between OOT rules and OOT mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

well since the OOT mods made the OOT rules it is a criticism of OOT mods. obviously if i was all that worried about it i would have bothered to click over to another forum and said something when i first noticed it.

reds obviously see how it could be interpreted the same way or it wouldn't be in this forum.

i'm not one of those mods who goes out of his way to complain about every slight from mods or users. some people take this stuff waaaay too serious. i just wouldn't make a similar thread about the rules in another forum, because i would expect a reasonable person to interpret it as criticism. so i wouldn't expect one to be made about OOT by a mod either. i know he wasn't trying to call me out.