Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Re: College Football Rank em

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see USC do anything to stop tOSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

They probably couldn't, although is it really possible to say that they shouldn't be #2 right now?

1. tOSU
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Gators
5. Lousiville
6. WVU
7. Badgers
8. Arkansas
9. Boise
10. LSU

[ QUOTE ]

Does ND really deserve #6?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

They opened the season with a win over 9-2 #18 Georgia Tech, whose only other loss came against Clemson, and also managed to beat a pretty good Virginia Tech team and Miami.

Then they beat 8-4 Penn State, which looks pretty weak, but their only losses were to tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Rough teams to play against.

Then they got destroyed by 11-1 #2 Michigan at home. It's pretty clear Michigan is the better team, but how much this hurts Notre Dame is questionable.

Then they played nobody their next 8 games but almost lost against an awful MSU and a mediocre UCLA. However, they didn't lose again, so they just slid up the rankings since other teams lost and they hadn't lost in a while.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter is neither team could stop 1 another. Troy Smith is a freak, I love it that he's a senior and I thank to god he's gone. tOSU and UM are obviously the two best teams in the country. I'd like to see USC do anything to stop tOSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone's overreacting to 1 game. They scored 14 offensive points versus Penn State, 24 versus Texas, and 17 versus Illinois. When they're playing their best, obviously they're difficult to impossible to stop, but if they're not at the top of their game, they can be slowed.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then they got destroyed by 11-1 #2 Michigan at home. It's pretty clear Michigan is the better team, but how much this hurts Notre Dame is questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't really look like it hurts them much at all. Apparently wins over Army, Navy, AF and that powerful Tarheel team more than make up for that once in a million beating that Michigan took to them. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does ND really deserve #6?

b

[/ QUOTE ]

They opened the season with a win over 9-2 #18 Georgia Tech, whose only other loss came against Clemson, and also managed to beat a pretty good Virginia Tech team and Miami.

Then they beat 8-4 Penn State, which looks pretty weak, but their only losses were to tOSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Rough teams to play against.

Then they played nobody their next 8 games but almost lost against an awful MSU and a mediocre UCLA. However, they didn't lose again, so they just slid up the rankings since other teams lost since they hadn't lost in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

They still get too much credit for beating crap teams.

I'd rank 'em #10 at best. I don't see them beating any teams in the top 10.

b
Old 11-19-2006, 02:23 AM

Troy Smith has been brought to this Earth to hurt all Michigan fans. He did his job and he did it well. He plays the best when it mattered the most. Michigan did give up way too many big plays. They got owned in the first half and almost outplayed tOSU the second half. Both teams offensively played to their competition and exploited the other defensively. Obviously Michigan can't guard the 5 wide sets. Obviously tOSU defensively isn't that strong. I can't imagine anyone beating tOSU right now though.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter is neither team could stop 1 another. Troy Smith is a freak, I love it that he's a senior and I thank to god he's gone. tOSU and UM are obviously the two best teams in the country. I'd like to see USC do anything to stop tOSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone's overreacting to 1 game. They scored 14 offensive points versus Penn State, 24 versus Texas, and 17 versus Illinois. When they're playing their best, obviously they're difficult to impossible to stop, but if they're not at the top of their game, they can be slowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thier offense was conservative the whole year. I don't think that used any 5 wide sets the entire season yet were in them a 1/4 of their offensive formations today. Tressel was sandbagging for Michigan, I bet they could have put 35+ a game for the entire season if they needed to.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:27 AM

if OSU/MICH very next game after this one is gonna be a rematch for NC..thats ame.

Would much rather see OSU play someone else..barring 3-5 losing over the next weeks.

regrdless..OSU will end up winning
Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I didn't think the game was as close as the score. OSU turned it over 3 times and kept Mich in it. Mich was playing catch up the whole way not to mention OSU going a bit conservative in the 2nd half.

b
Old 11-19-2006, 02:31 AM

Why? Don't you want to see the 2 best teams matchup on a neutral surface. It was a great game today, we can only assume it'll be another 1 if they play again. Florida isn't on the same planet. USC is good, not sure how they would do against tOSU although that's the game will probally see. Arkansas, I like their running game but I think tOSU can stop them. Of the 4 teams left in competition to play tOSU, I'd put them in this order.

1. Michigan
2. USC
3. Arkansas
4. Florida
5. ND