Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Re: UCLA Taser Incident - Quoted Dialogue From Video

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what kind of Taser was being used? Cause I've seen videos on youtube of white trash people tasering each other for fun and defintely being able to move afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a video I'd like to see!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line on this thing is that the kid should have been gone long before the cops got there. He should have left when the librarian asked him to leave because he did not have a student card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks for clearing up the issue of how much force is justified when the kid doesn't comply with the librarian's request.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line on this thing is that the kid should have been gone long before the cops got there. He should have left when the librarian asked him to leave because he did not have a student card.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right. I think the cops may have been within their bounds to taser the kid, BUT it wasnt the best thing to do because of the massive scene that it created. There were like 8 officers there, they could have easily just cuffed him and carried him away even if he was struggling. Tasering him in front of 50 people just makes the kid look like a martyr, which is exactly what he wanted. I think Tasers should be an absolute last resort against someone like that who obviously does not have a weapon because its just gonna end up with the cops looking bad.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks for clearing up the issue of how much force is justified when the kid doesn't comply with the librarian's request.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an a hole tax that must be paid sometimes. It's unfair to the other students to have to put up with this douche arguing with the librarian. Did the cops overdo it? yes. Do I wish it happened more often? Yes. I want it to spread to the a holes that yell at the 16 year old cashiers, thus holding up the line, or the real gems who yell at the gas station attendant for the high prices. A tasering would be extreme in those cases as well, but damn, I would love to see it.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:04 PM

whats the incentive to get tasered and get up? if the money is up high enough, i might be down, i know a trooper who might be game to try it out on me...just putting it out there

from what i hear, its very very painful and i doubt u could get up very easily

also, was this kid handcuffed when they were tasering him?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly. The kid was a punk and prevoked the situation. He should have just left and went to one of the other dozen or so libraries on campus.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:38 PM

Has anyone pulled out the race card yet?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. The first thing the kid did after being carded was shout racism. He is of Persian decent.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Tabatabainejad's attorney, Stephen Yagman, said his client refused to show his ID because he thought he was being singled out because of his Middle Eastern appearance. Tabatabainejad is of Iranian descent but is a U.S. citizen by birth and a resident of Los Angeles."

Source
Old 11-18-2006, 07:50 PM

you missed a part. Before he gets tased the first time, a different cop says "stand up or be tased" twice (he sounded like he was black). Listen carefully its hard to hear.