Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: turning stone hand

[ QUOTE ]
Nice flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. Hoping one of the limpers behind me calls getting 3 to 1 with a pair and gutter to give me the super nut str8 vs a one card str8 if it hits and I didn't wanna raise his gutter out either if he had it. Too much implied odds if I hit. If I had it my way it would be checked around on flop or bet really small.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:50 PM

You should have check minraised like you did with your sick flushdraw and sucked out...or checkraise small with a bad hand against two old guys who won't fold

Ya thats probably a better idea. Wish you would have stayed around longer and not ratholed everything.

Edit: Not trying to be too much of an ass but you really had some hands that you grossly misplayed and generally indicated your lack of basic concepts and fundamentals. That game was really good so you might be able to get away with those moves and be breakeven in that game but it seems you have some bad leaks that against good players will be easily exploitable.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have check minraised like you did with your sick flushdraw and sucked out...or checkraise small with a bad hand against two old guys who won't fold

Ya thats probably a better idea. Wish you would have stayed around longer and not ratholed everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction! I thought he said 150 on 300.
I raised that to 5 black instantly without any thought(seems smallish from 150 now but I did it instantly). In reality I had my music playing and he said 250 and didn't hear it until after I put in my bet. Ps I did hit my draw I thought was 40% to win with me pushing on flop but I prolly have missed a lot bigger draws in that game than I have hit. We all get aces cracked dude. What you want me to do that hand? J high flop two diamonds. I got aqd. I wanted to gamble boss against his range. And I did indeed get lucky and I said I did. No confusion there

I went to play in the sit and go with raymer. I play in that game all the time for HOURS and HOURS(I buyin every time to cover table. Real ratholer). Don't say I rathole when you are wrong.

The other hand i did play the ak bad after the turn with the raise on 8 22 k board. I agree. But jim usu bets a 2 on the flop from my experince since I check flop and he checks after me hard to put him on 2.he will pay me given our history with a worst king vs my ak and that's what I read his turn bet to be. The raise was really not standard on turn tho and I paid for it after I check river and he bets 4th of the pot and I call.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction! I thought he said 150 on 300.
I raised that to 500. In reality I had my music playing and he said 250 and didn't hear it until after I put in my bet. Ps I did hit my draw I thought was 40% to win with me pushing on flop but I prolly have missed a lot bigger draws in that game than I have hit. We all get aces cracked dude. What you want me to do that hand? J high flop two diamonds. I got aqd. I wanted to gamble boss against his range. And I did indeed get lucky and I said I did. No confusion there

I went to play in the sit and go with raymer. I play in that game all the time for HOURS and HOURS(I buyin every time to cover table. Real ratholer). Don't say I rathole when you are wrong.

The other hand i did play the ak bad after the turn with the raise on 8 22 k board. I agree. But jim usu bets a 2 on the flop from my experince since I check flop and he checks after me hard to put him on 2.he will pay me given our history with a worst king vs my ak and that's what I read his turn bet to be. The raise was really not standard on turn tho and I paid for it after I check river and he bets 4th of the pot and I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the old nit raises preflop for the first time all night and then fires out 250 on a drawy flop hes never ever folding and his range is literally AA/KK/JJ mayyyyyyybe QQ and then you minraised even though you thought u made a real raise its still bad. You have 0 FE against an old nit w/ a BPP and unless you strictly wanna gambool its bad. I could see more reason for this in a capped game where you are trying to get deeper to cover a fish or something but in an uncapped game it makes zero sense.

And the AK hand is def bad but if you thought he would pay you off with worse K's why the hell would you check the river? And if you are going to c/r the turn maknig it that small is baaaaaaaaad. Just bet, bet if you think hell pay off w/ worse hands to maximize value.

And about ratholing, I am sure you do usually play and cover the table w/e. I hardly ever play there but that game was mega-soft compared to like all online games. I just wish you and others would have stayed so it didn't break when the donk didn't wanna stop playing after it got HU latenight.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 PM

I respect your opinion dude. I agree on both accounts of the ak hand and the aq hand. No one is perfect all the time and we all mess up hands. What other leaks do u feel I have I wanna hear them.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:05 PM

I think that hand where you had AK is not a bad spot to c/r as as bluff, but if you do I would have c/r to like 600. Since you have such a strong hand I think you are much better off leading or calling the bet as played. You don't have to worry about anyone making a better 2pr either as board is already paired on 228K. So c/c and lead river.

Generally it just seemed that your bets were too small, particularly c/r. I think a lot of times c/r is a bad idea anyhow.

You had one AQo hand where you overcalled on the river and were good, I don't really remember that one but it seemd like you played that one pretty well.

I guess it just seemed you were kinda aggressive in bad spots with small c/r and you would have been much better off taknig a variety of different lines.

On this particular hand, I was eating dinner but I talked to villain and he said you were about to muck your hand and then after the bet realized you had a chance to steal it and c/r. He seemed to think it was a pretty easy call.

I am certainly not a master of tells or anything but I guess that is something you could look at.

I really didn't play with you for that long so that's about all I can think of right now but if something else pops into my head ill throw it in here.

BTW, are you strictly a live player?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:09 PM

So funny. After I read the original post, my thoughts were call. The line of the villain in the hand made no sense to me as a hand that beat QJ.

I didn't understand why everyone was saying fold.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:14 PM

I checked the river because river was a j. I was worried about jim him having kj or the last caller having that. Last caller over called turn after thinking some so I thought he had weakish k. River saved me money because if not I lead. I played the hand poorly from start to finish. But I wasn't gonna fold getting 4 to 1
Old 11-18-2006, 06:22 PM

I just play live now. I also c/r more in that session than I ever do. I played poorly in that session overall but walked out a good size winner. I took very strange lines a few hands that are not my standard. Your friend made a good call that hand. Were you wearing the superman hoodie.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just play live now. I also c/r more in that session than I ever do. I played poorly in that session overall but walked out a good size winner. I took very strange lines a few hands that are not my standard. Your friend made a good call that hand. Were you wearing the superman hoodie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya that was me.