Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 88 in CO, 7-handed...plan of action?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd generally make it 250. I'd do the same from CO+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wiggs, is 250 your standard pf raise, or are you adjusting it for this hand?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:12 PM

Sparta,

At 50/100 if I open-raise (that isn't a push), it will almost always range from 250-300 depending on my stack size and everyone's stack that's left to act after me. On rare occassion I will min-raise or make it like 400 but I always have reasoning for doing that and it's pretty rare I feel that either of those are better than a standard raise.

On another note, after looking at the hand a little closer I'd make it 300 here. But the point is, I'd bring it in for a standard raise.

I'd fold most smaller pairs and standard raise any hand I am going to play here.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to SNGPT, this is a push (EV Diff. +0.5% / $1.43), though with varying calling ranges, it could go either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, don't forget that just because a play is +EV doesn't mean it's the best play.

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising is a leak though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is if you were able to poll a significant number of players experienced playing the Stars standard structure games, you would find the raise to t250 standard.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sparta,

At 50/100 if I open-raise (that isn't a push), it will almost always range from 250-300 depending on my stack size and everyone's stack that's left to act after me. On rare occassion I will min-raise or make it like 400 but I always have reasoning for doing that and it's pretty rare I feel that either of those are better than a standard raise.

On another note, after looking at the hand a little closer I'd make it 300 here. But the point is, I'd bring it in for a standard raise.

I'd fold most smaller pairs and standard raise any hand I am going to play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's further say that you perceive button, SB, and BB to be relatively non-maniac players....I assume you're calling a push from BB, but folding to a push from button or SB.....is that correct??

And let's say that SB calls your pf raise. What kind of flops are you c-betting and for how much? What kind of flops are you checking?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:32 PM

re: the calling a push question - you pretty much nailed that one.

re: the c-betting question - that's just way too game specific to give a generic answer for. I'd really have to be playing and get in that situation myself to tell you.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Re: ($33) 88 in CO, 7-handed...plan of action?

i call here without reads. button is huge stack and will liekly call a standard raise (a big percentage of your stack) and maybe even call a large raise IP. call and hope for a good ffop. you're not folding but a raise is too high risk.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually you have a M a bit lower than 10 (dont forgett the SB)...so pushing is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you have a W = 14.75 ...so pushing might be +EV, depending on their calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the bloody hell is a W?

Please, stop the Harrington stuff, just concentrate on ICM and number of BBs. Far easier than this nonsense.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sparta,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm with wiggs, as usual. No real surprise there, he speaks a lot of sense. The later the position, the more I'll raise (but almost never more than 3xBB), so here I'd probably raise t300 as well. It doesn't really matter though, t250 is fine and t275 is fine as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually you have a M a bit lower than 10 (dont forgett the SB)...so pushing is +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you have a W = 14.75 ...so pushing might be +EV, depending on their calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the bloody hell is a W?

Please, stop the Harrington stuff, just concentrate on ICM and number of BBs. Far easier than this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tigerite to the rescue!!!