FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Its Bullshit..
<25% 51 20.08%
25%-50% 80 31.50%
50%-75% 65 25.59%
75%-100% 58 22.83%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: How are the police allowed to do this?

[ QUOTE ]
Weary pushed an officer away and was shot with a Taser after he stepped toward officers when they ordered him to put his hands on the vehicle, police said.

[/ QUOTE ]
He deserved to get tasered.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Ya, I dont know or care about this specific situaion, but I have a bumper sticker with the Italian Flag on my rear window, so when Im driving around in my black escalade on 22's I dont get pulled over every 2 blocks.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males.

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually doesn't prove anything.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This actually doesn't prove anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it establishes a reason to support their hunch.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am tired of the "racial profiling" hysteria.

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

Should airport screeners not unfairly profile shady looking Muslims, and instead 'randomly' frisk old white women in the name of political correctness?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bolded part is the reason people have problems with racial profiling and why your argument sucks
Old 11-14-2006, 09:05 PM

"It was then that he pushed the officer away and was shot with a Taser after stepping toward the officers when he was ordered to put his hands on the vehicle. "

"The 6-foot-4, 308-pound right guard..."

What do you expect the police to do when someone who's probably twice their size pushes one of them and starts moving towards the other?

dementia,

re-read what you wrote and tell me the flaw in your logic.

you are probably at least 15 or 16, so i'm sure you can do this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

Should airport screeners not unfairly profile shady looking Muslims, and instead 'randomly' frisk old white women in the name of political correctness?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bolded part is the reason people have problems with racial profiling and why your argument sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just reality. If someone who is dressed like Osama Bin Laden walks into your local airport, would it be incorrect to question him thoroughly? Wouldn't that be profiling him? YOU HAVE to profile people in these instances, not every person of a particular race, but ones who raise a red flag in your head.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just reality. If someone who is dressed like Osama Bin Laden walks into your local airport, would it be incorrect to question him thoroughly? Wouldn't that be profiling him? YOU HAVE to profile people in these instances, not every person of a particular race, but ones who raise a red flag in your head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 'cause clearly a black guy driving a nice car is the same as a guy who looks like Osama going to an airport.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, 'cause clearly a black guy driving a nice car is the same as a guy who looks like Osama going to an airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

The officers alleged he was looking at them suspiciously and driving with no front plate. Who are you to say he wasn't? And if you can agree that far, they had reason to stop him.