Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: trip 9s on my mind- 25/50 HU

my problem is that this is a scare card on the turn, in some ways. i want the ability to bet the turn and re-raise his BS raise without his knowing that I don't have a 9. He will also have a spade here a lot and a gutshot to go with it a lot. that's too many cards to just let him take a cheap shot at me by semi-bluffing the turn. if he semi-bluffs the turn here, he better be willing to pay for his draw. and i absolutely throw up when i call his bet, a spade hits the river, and he wins checkcheck with some small pair that never should have seen a river card in this hand at all...
Old 11-15-2006, 01:54 AM

im trying to find a way to get alot of money into the pot, you guys know that is a good turn card, right?.....
Old 11-15-2006, 05:34 AM

I think by raising he only calls with better hands and maybe T9, 98. It would be madness for him to bluff over it because you can easily have a flush or FH after that action so I think you should muck if he pushes. Need to know the opponent better for this though so I might be wrong here.
The problem is that you just raise to protect your hand and not for value so you steal his equity when he was on a draw but he plays pretty much perfectly vs the reraise. Thatīs never a good thing.

Calling really puts you in a bad spot though. If the river is a spade, J, T or 8 he can give you a really tough decision. I doubt he is on a pure bluff on this board so any of these cards could break you.

Summed up, your spot sucks. I think by raising you take the guessing element out of the hand and probably win it almost every time because your hand is very strong and he would be nuts to bluff against that action (maybe he is though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

Iīd reraise to 3k and expect to take it down very very often, I like that more than calling and making expensive mistakes on a huge river pot.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:11 AM

Hi JK,

His most likely holding is a draw, a flushdraw being the most likely of the draws. its a classic way to play a spade like this with the delayed aggresion.

your hand is vulnerable so pushing or reraising is never bad.

The best course depends on whether you think he will bluff river or not and only you can answer that. This is the key to this hand.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 PM

i agree w most people about rring - if he has trips, it most likely is trips with a gutshot or spade, so there are many, many river cards i dont want to see. if he doesnt, he really gets a cheap shot at drawing to a flush and probably wont continue to bluff (although i dont know this for sure). i think i could reraise to 3k and fold to a push (but hate it).

in the actual hand, i was too confused and froze up. i called and check called a blank 4 river, and was shown K9 w the king of spades.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:11 PM

I think you can probably c/f that river... but maybe not. As Nez mentioned, you would know best. But I would at least strongly consider it.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can probably c/f that river... but maybe not. As Nez mentioned, you would know best. But I would at least strongly consider it.

[/ QUOTE ]

errr, maybe, i mean it's obvious he's got trips at least on the river (at least but most likely also). so he could be value betting the two better trips, the same trips i have, or trips worse kicker. so i think it's a crying call.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM

there are a bunch of other non-trips hands you lose to. you said you have to highly discount a bunch of them but that doesn't mean he never has them.