Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Re: durr vs sbrugby HU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, sbrugby = aba. Who does NVG think has the edge here?

And why are they at 50/100 when it's been 200/400 for months now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 50/100 because they arent sure about their edge on eachother themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its probably the highest aba would play durr in PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

good guess smart pants, only could you please explain the conflicting information - srugby was sitting with 20k at 100/200 PLO by himself.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 50/100 because they arent sure about their edge on eachother themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok nice hand, this makes more sense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[edit]Hmmm, I just the above comment. Maybe aba himself can reply [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img][/edit]
Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good guess smart pants, only could you please explain the conflicting information - srugby was sitting with 20k at 100/200 PLO by himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of scenarios where this could happen without fsu being wrong no?
Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know durrrr has a lot more PLO experience and I've heard some consider him the best PLO player in the world apart from maybe Benyamine. Plus hasn't aba only been playing PLO for like 3-4 months? I know he's really good but I think durrrr is better.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:57 PM

durrr has the obvious edge. And it aint even close.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM

kitarist,

There's a big difference between having like 5 years of experience, and only having 1 year of experience 5 times over, which is all that durrr has. He is a bad PLO player in general, no matter how good he is in NLHE and HU in general.

The hand in question proves once again durrr's main problem there, which is not folding to a 3rd raise and committing way too much of his stack pre without the best hand and bad implied odds. His hand is a good one generally especially HU. But when a competent player puts in a 3rd raise, he is saying he's got the better high card hand, usually AA or KK. So that means not only are some of durrr's cards dead or traps if they come, but also that some of his straight outs are gone. Calling that 3rd raise preflop is just wrong with that hand given the stack sizes. In fact he should have reraised allin if he was going to call so as to insure seeing all 5 board cards and not fold to rag flops where he would sometimes make runner runner 2 pair or board trips that would win. Of course as a bad PLO player, durrr doesn't know that.

As in other recently discussed durrr PLO hands, once having made an egregious preflop mistake, he is pot committed and has to call on the flop. But if you think he played it right, then you would think the same think if this were PLHE and durrr held AQo and called that preflop 3rd raise with that much of his stack with same. The concept of trouble hands applies to PLO as it does to NLHE, although with some differences.

From what I have seen and read, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being expert, durrr is about a 5 as a PLO player. As long as he plays with enough 6s to 10s, he will have a win in the game, but not otherwise. This is assuming playing with non-weak tight properly rolled players, as he should indeed as a good HU player be able to run over weak-tight shot takeers. If that player is aba20 who posts in the PLO forum and plays under that name on stars, then given a proper roll for a given stakes to take into account the higher variance of HU play, he should bust durrr.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:17 PM

durrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 11-13-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling that 3rd raise preflop is just wrong with that hand given the stack sizes. In fact he should have reraised allin if he was going to call so as to insure seeing all 5 board cards and not fold to rag flops where he would sometimes make runner runner 2 pair or board trips that would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what to say here other than WOW
Old 11-13-2006, 01:27 PM

stinkyprincess,

Both are bad plays. But raising allin given the stack sizes and how much will be left in durrr's stack compared to the pot after villain autopushes any flop is in fact better than calling. But it's still bad.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stinkyprincess,

Both are bad plays. But raising allin given the stack sizes and how much will be left in durrr's stack compared to the pot after villain autopushes any flop is in fact better than calling. But it's still bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it better than calling if there are flops that durrr can correctly fold on? it baffles me that someone with 7k+ posts can be so clueless when it comes to basic poker theory.