Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: *stat post* last 20k checkup Can\'t win but why?

Depending how loose games are you playing you might consider stealing a bit more from button. But if you're playing loose games then that is prolly ok. Someone mentioned that you have high fold SB to steal rate. How low should it be then?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:51 PM

Hi, sorry this is a litte off topic, but can someone tell me how to view the agression factors on PT in the general tab like that?

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:54 PM

Never mind i just DLd the new patch... obviously.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:34 PM

You're defending your BB too much for 1/2 and 2/4, imo. These numbers are better suited for higher, more aggressive limits. This is probably putting you in a lot of marginal situations, where the high relative rake of 1/2 and 2/4 is killing you. I think this is reflected in your winrate out of the BB.

Also, do you practice good table and seat selection?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:38 AM

I try to select tables with overal vp$ip over 40 and where is at least one with vp$ip over 50. Can't use seat selection much.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:42 AM

When you do use check/call instead of betting? something like weak top pair against bluffing player? second pair when you suspect other player missed? Or what?
Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're defending your BB too much for 1/2 and 2/4, imo. These numbers are better suited for higher, more aggressive limits. This is probably putting you in a lot of marginal situations, where the high relative rake of 1/2 and 2/4 is killing you. I think this is reflected in your winrate out of the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Defending his BB about 45% of the time is right about right for these limits (perhaps a leak in your game?). I actually think his defend SB is a bit high. I defend here about 14-15% of the time, but this may be variance as that stat takes a good long while to converge.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:56 PM

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here. Poker Tracker stats are way, way overblown. I think there seems to be a belief of some secret formula that if you apply will net you a xbb/100 winner. I hate to say it but this isnt a single table tournament. (This coming from someone on the sharscope leaderboard) Those games do have some secret formula that can enable you to make cash without having to play. But cash limit it simply is not the case. I think all the stats can do is help you define what your comfort zone is in type of play, and maybe help you find some leaks. But to look at your stats and say "uggh this stat is to high or low therefore I MUST BE..." whatever is seriously going to handicap your development.

To put it another way, imagine what your pokertracker stats would be if you could see everyones hands face up. I dont think it would be anything close to these suggested ranges.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:50 PM

Too small sample to tell if it is just variance. But please those blinds stats are absolutely awful. With "normal" stats in the blinds you would have had an excellent winrate.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:56 PM

dont protect your blinds so much, though this is very player dependent. My guess is that you're creating/losing to may big pots oop.