Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Leaking water in my house

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it is a three story condo attached on the sides then its not a townhouse (as OP had said) and there will be a maintance guy there to fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Barons:

"Town House:
A dwelling unit, generally having 2 or more floors and attached to other similar units via party walls. Town houses are often used in planned unit developments and condominium developments, which provide for clustered or attached housing and common open space."

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just a matter of how you look at it. In my field we seperate the two. That is not the formal way to call a townhome.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:43 AM

I live in a townhome not a condo. My parents own the home and we occupy all 3 floors. Sorry for the late response.

We talked to some of the neighbors and they said a lot of other homes in this area are having the same problem. Something about the pan that catches the water from the shower not being sealed right. It looks like we are liable for it and it sucks because this house is only 2 years old and cost like 600k.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:38 AM

Is there a maintance fee assoicated with this condo? Do you own any land or is it all common area? Are you attached to another unit? Are you responcible for any out side maintance (land and outside of unit, ie paint etc)?

The reason I ask is that there are laws that call out who is responcible. The fact that multiple people have the same problem might be enough that you could fight it and they would have to pay to fix them all.