Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: TP2K played passively gets squeezed

[ QUOTE ]
not sure why so many people are telling you to call? im not sure what you beat here? all flushes, aces, and 45 got there.

[/ QUOTE ]
not as worried about the 45 as i am the flush, many people semi bluff the flush draw, and that would be cause to check the turn .
Old 11-11-2006, 05:21 PM

I'm folding this pf. Solid player utg, 4x raise, I'm not calling w/KQo. Too many problems can occur such as the one you're in right now -> Hit tp, then what? You'd have to hit the flop twice, IMO against an opponent like this and even then you may not too sure you ahead. PP, suited conns, may be worthy of a call here if you read him as someone who'll pay you off if you hit.

Flop: I'm raising this to define my hand. The villain's bet could be a pp (99+), AK,AJ,AQ,KJs,KQs, maybe ATs all these would tend fall w/in his range. The bet size (~3/4) also tends to make me believe it's also made and less likely a fd.

Turn:The FD came thru, and the check could be a c/r or an attempt at trying to keep the pot small ie marginal hand. The check behind is fine as your hand isn't great either.

River: The weakish >1/2PSB, IMO, is perhaps a response to your turn check(hoping to steal) or a last ditch effort to get some value out of his hand that he feels is best right now. Either way, there's far too many hands you beat that would have played this way ie PP's to not call.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:53 PM

The only reason the river decision is hard is because you didn't define your hand earlier. Assuming we call preflop, which I think is a mistake, there's no reason to just call behind here. Raise his flop bet to something substantial. He will have to let go of the A-high or middle pocket pair part of his 10% PFR range, and you'll know what's going on. You might even get a call out of KJs, QQ or JJ. As played, the turn is the worst card in the deck for you, and I think checking behind is correct. I fold this river as well, I don't think you're getting a good enough price considering that his turn check looks a LOT like a c/r attempt and the river bet is so tiny.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:42 PM

For those of you advocating a flop raise (which I agree with)what amount...pot?

As played what if we were to make a small (1/2 pot?) bet on the turn, with the intention of checking through the river. Easy enough to get away from and we don't get put in this akward spot on the river(IE. we put villian in the decision making process rather than us)
Old 11-12-2006, 07:26 AM

What is all this stupid mumbo jumbo about raising the flop to define our hand? By raising we're making worse hands fold and only better hands call us. By that we lose loads of value from worse hands which think they're still the best.

Edited to add: Raising the flop also turns our hand pretty much into a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Call the river. You're ahead more often than behind imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we're behind more, but we're getting good enough odds to call.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:22 PM

Carmine, my flop raise would usually be 3 times his raise or the pot if he's dumb enough to put out a min raise. So perhaps $7.50 in this case. I have to kick myself to do it right sometimes 'cos when someone bets pot and I want to raise, 3 times his raise seems so much with TP2K. However, it has been profitable to do it.

Sir Winalot, I kinda agree with the turning the hand into a bluff point. The raise makes our hand appear super strong when it isn't. It's only really going to work if villain has enough chips to not be pot committed by his bet so watching stack sizes is vital in this play. The number of times I've raised then noticed that villain only has a pittance left..... In this case, stack sizes seem okay.