Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Re: What I heard last weekend about WSOP dealer tipping

Agreed and over. ' Nuff said lol
Old 11-12-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed and over. ' Nuff said lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You are agreeing with yourself? I think you forgot to switch accounts

And no-one on this thread was criticizing Alan's play, or his sexual preference, or his girlfriend/possible beard (I keed! I keed!). Alan's a great player.

But if you are going to tip extra at the main event you must think the dealers were underpaid, since tips were already withheld from all entry fees. I'm estimating something like 2500 dealer days were spent on the main event. If I'm right, $1M would provide each dealer with $400 in tips per 8 hour day for dealing the main event, or $50 per hour.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 PM

Actually I was correcting my typos. My post was a middle of the night(couldn't sleep) off topic rant. It probably didn't belong in this thread. But I stand by what I said.

Your post brings up an interesting question though. If a player tips 80k at the WSOP ME final table, is that shared among the final table dealers, all dealers assigned to that event, or all WSOP dealers?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I was correcting my typos. My post was a middle of the night(couldn't sleep) off topic rant. It probably didn't belong in this thread. But I stand by what I said.

Your post brings up an interesting question though. If a player tips 80k at the WSOP ME final table, is that shared among the final table dealers, all dealers assigned to that event, or all WSOP dealers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post brings up an interesting question though. If you obviously know nothing about the topic at hand, why are you criticizing all of the posters in this thread?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 17 year old jackasses who post all ovwer this site

[/ QUOTE ]
its not nice to talk about people a year younger than you kiddo

[ QUOTE ]
And then lose your interest in poker and GO AWAY

[/ QUOTE ]
remember to shut the door on the way out

[ QUOTE ]
Allen Cunningham is my favorite player because he is an awesome poker player and is smarter than me and YOU

[/ QUOTE ]
congrats
Old 11-12-2006, 05:22 PM

I would tip $0...those dealers already make enough. And the tourny juice is high enough as it is.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM

I have no problem at all paying 6% rake for a $500 or $1000 buyin tourney as the fixed costs of paying dealers and the floorspace must be paid for. However just because you scale the entry fee up by a factor of 10 it does NOT mean your costs scale similarly. Yes, you have a bigger chip stack, yes the organisational demands are higher, but charging $600 rake per person is just a joke. Imagine 10 players at a table for a day being asked to pay a total of $6000 for the dealers and running costs! It's extortionate and yet thats the average time an entrant would be playing.

Given Harrah's greed tipping $80,000 is not the right thing to do. It's -EV. -$80,000 EV.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ageed, it's the right thing to do. I'll tell you whats classless: the 17 year old jackasses who post all ovwer this site. Allen Cunningham can tip 80k and YOU CAN'T! Allen Cunningham could own practically anyone on this site. Say he's gay(which he isn't,) Criticize his girlfriend because she isn't a bimbo with plastic cans. And then lose your interest in poker and GO AWAY. Allen Cunningham is my favorite player because he is an awesome poker player and is smarter than me and YOU. No matter how many smarmy comments you make, you are an insecure imbecile, and he is Allen Cunningham! If you can't see why he is great, leave this board, and finish High School! I'm so sick of posts by Jackasses who know nothing about poker. Ask the pros who is best. 'Nuff said

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second thread today I read with some guy thats deeply inlove with Allen , strange.