Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: My cat is going into surgery right now

I'm not religious, but Sunshine and Olive are, and they are currently praying, which for cats looks a lot like sleep.

EDIT: Thinman, think whatever you want, but posting stuff like that in a thread where someone's posting about being worried about their cat is a dick move.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM

Thanks to all the well wishers.

Dom - your title has new meaning to me now.

For the money concerns - no kids. I make enough money that this is not a concern. Liquid - I also contribute a fair amount to charity and volunteer to help out humans around once a month. But you concerned with humanity? Doesn't sound like the same guy who posted this:

[ QUOTE ]
I did this with a few friends for Halloween right after 9/11. Two of us put big boxes over us so we looked like buildings, one dressed up like a plane. All night long the plane would come running in out of nowhere and crash into us and we'd all fall down. It was one of those things where people would either love it or hate it. We almost got into a few fights. I think the only reason we were able to get away with it was we knew a lot of people at the party and knew their sense of humor was strong enough to be able to handle it. The only people who were really upset were outsiders who didn't know us. I wouldn't reccomend it if you are going to a party without a lot of back up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the money concerns - no kids. I make enough money that this is not a concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was valid and the OP gave a valid response.

Everyone else needs to get off their high horse.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the money concerns - no kids. I make enough money that this is not a concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dick move part of it was saying that cats are disposable.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the money concerns - no kids. I make enough money that this is not a concern. Liquid - I also contribute a fair amount to charity and volunteer to help out humans around once a month. But you concerned with humanity? Doesn't sound like the same guy who posted this:

[ QUOTE ]
I did this with a few friends for Halloween right after 9/11. Two of us put big boxes over us so we looked like buildings, one dressed up like a plane. All night long the plane would come running in out of nowhere and crash into us and we'd all fall down. It was one of those things where people would either love it or hate it. We almost got into a few fights. I think the only reason we were able to get away with it was we knew a lot of people at the party and knew their sense of humor was strong enough to be able to handle it. The only people who were really upset were outsiders who didn't know us. I wouldn't reccomend it if you are going to a party without a lot of back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, exactly what I predicted, here come the animal lovers. I was just trying to warn By-Tor. I really do love you guys, hours of entertainment here...
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cats are disposable

how many thousands of dollars are you spending on this?

do you have kids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know by experience this type of statement doesn't get a good response here in OOT. There are a lot of animal lovers who would gladly spend their whole life savings to fix something that can be replaced for free, while humans starve all over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't make me teach you an economics lesson
Old 11-08-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, exactly what I predicted, here come the animal lovers. I was just trying to warn By-Tor. I really do love you guys, hours of entertainment here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an idea: If you read a thread titled "My cat is going into surgery right now" and you are not a fan of pets or spending money on pets, how about you just shut the [censored] up and mind your own goddamned business? Dude posted this here to get some support for his cat during a trying time for him. Show some [censored] empathy, or just refrain from posting.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dick move part of it was saying that cats are disposable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that was the opinion portion of this broadcast.

It is the crazy dynamic of the internets. Poeple are allowed to express their opinions.

I realize this is revolutionary to many.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:08 PM

Right. Shajen and I seem to agree you expressing this opinion in this thread is a dickish move. That's my opinion.

I respectifully request if you want to talk about how people overvalue their pets you create a new thread. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 PM

Good luck, I have 3 cats myself..... so my thoughts will be with ya. Let us know, when shes home safe n resting comfortably.