Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: best line ?

A TYPICAL
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A TYPICAL

[/ QUOTE ]

atypical is one word. it means not typical.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well i open to 150 so i can call a lot of reraises [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but.. depending on who it is.. i guess it always depends? usually click the call button a lot because ppl like to reraise a lot of hands against me, not sure why. i guess they think i fold. silly. anyways.. "an usual" is that proper grammar? i really duno. seems off, but maybe im just dumb. like if u say it, 'an usual', it sounds weird. maybe theres some weird rule. yeah. glad i could help phil. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Going after grammar in there would be pretty silly. It's "as usual", not "an usual." Holler.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats wrong too.. somehow i think its 'a usual'. i could be way off. im really curious now though. haha. who says i cant learn without going to college! holla

[/ QUOTE ]

your right it is 'a usual' but that word just sounds a little awkard in the context on its own anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope i'm getting 2nd leveled here, but it's 'an unusually aggressive table', or 'an unusual table', NOT 'an unusual aggressive'; unless you are using both words to separately describe the subject, but then you'd use a comma, as in: 'an unusual, aggressive table'.

is this where i say, 'holla'? No, wait, this is where i say 'i don't play these stakes, but i agree with sam'.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:58 PM

AQs 4 bet, shove flop.
What are you going to do if you hit the flop OOP?

JJ-TT call/4 bet.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a default, people tend to play almost perfectly against these hands if you 4bet them (i.e. call QQ+ and sometimes AK), so unless theres a real history of aggression between us I just call every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2006, 01:29 AM

this is the one of the hardest situatinos that come up for me. I still haven't quite figured it, I think I c-f too often when I miss AQ/ or overcards A or K flops when I have those pairs.

how should we be mixing 4bet/ flop cr bluff/ calldowns? what does it depend on samoleus? could you add to list of factors to consider? (assuming reg 100bb stack in most cases..)

how they react to 4bet
flop texture.. (rags, An A or K, 2 broadway cards)
how often they second barrel on blank turns (most people dont)

In thoery, 4 betting with somewhat of a wide range vs guys that you know are 'mixing it up" seems to make sense, because most of them will have hard time calling/pushing over our 4 bet w/o AA~QQ, AK. but this also means our 4 bet turns our hands into bluffs.

Flop CR on specific board texture seems like the best way, but I always seem to burn my self with this one lol.

could someone give me a hand here? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].
Old 11-08-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A TYPICAL

[/ QUOTE ]

atypical is one word. it means not typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

a typical is two words. it means something normal.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the one of the hardest situatinos that come up for me. I still haven't quite figured it, I think I c-f too often when I miss AQ/ or overcards A or K flops when I have those pairs.

how should we be mixing 4bet/ flop cr bluff/ calldowns? what does it depend on samoleus? could you add to list of factors to consider? (assuming reg 100bb stack in most cases..)

how they react to 4bet
flop texture.. (rags, An A or K, 2 broadway cards)
how often they second barrel on blank turns (most people dont)

In thoery, 4 betting with somewhat of a wide range vs guys that you know are 'mixing it up" seems to make sense, because most of them will have hard time calling/pushing over our 4 bet w/o AA~QQ, AK. but this also means our 4 bet turns our hands into bluffs.

Flop CR on specific board texture seems like the best way, but I always seem to burn my self with this one lol.

could someone give me a hand here? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

If I could speak perfect english That's what I would have asked or close ...

thanks for helping us
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well i open to 150 so i can call a lot of reraises [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but.. depending on who it is.. i guess it always depends? usually click the call button a lot because ppl like to reraise a lot of hands against me, not sure why. i guess they think i fold. silly. anyways.. "an usual" is that proper grammar? i really duno. seems off, but maybe im just dumb. like if u say it, 'an usual', it sounds weird. maybe theres some weird rule. yeah. glad i could help phil. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Going after grammar in there would be pretty silly. It's "as usual", not "an usual." Holler.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats wrong too.. somehow i think its 'a usual'. i could be way off. im really curious now though. haha. who says i cant learn without going to college! holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I wasn't following your stream of consciousness there.

There seems to be that rule about "an" when there's a vowel, but no way "an usual" is right.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:43 PM

1. I dump AQ suited OOP the majority of the time. If he starts re raising too much I may put him to the test every once in while.

2. I like a call and c/r on a good flop or check call and try to get a cheap showdown. But at the same time I hate playing middle PPs out of posiiton.