Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Studio 60 11/6/06 (John Goodman episode)

I had sworn to stop watching this show, but did anyway..... And I actually really enjoyed this episode, maybe it won't get canceled as soon as we had expected....
Old 11-07-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Jeter's "Et tu Daisy" - [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was expecting a Judas reference there.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:21 PM

We got to see some asian writer along with japanese girl so overall a good episode.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM

I also wonder whether the show does any sketches that are not anti-religion? Don't they find any other topics funny or is the whole premise that they have to pick on the religious right?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also wonder whether the show does any sketches that are not anti-religion? Don't they find any other topics funny or is the whole premise that they have to pick on the religious right?

[/ QUOTE ]Well the point of the Mathew Perry character is that he is very anti-religious and this is what got him fired the first time. So it makes sense that every week they have an anti-religious sketch and because that would be the most controversial part of the show it would be the most talked about.

I really liked this episode. I laughed through most of it and thought it was really good. To me the show has been so much better the last two episodes.

I'm loving Amanda Peet's baby boobs and I still find her good. Webber was outstanding, he needs to be around more. I wonder if they might suspend Peet at some point and then bring her back later on. This would open the door for Webber to become more involved in the show and make it even better conflict. That could really put a jump into the show. 6 or 8 episodes of Whitford and Perry fighting with Webber could be really good. Also Whitford as a smooth executive producer and master manipulator was just outstanding.