Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a ratholer....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming this is a limit game, as ratholing is not allowed by the PokerRoom software in PL/NL games.

That being the case, ratholing in a limit game has absolutely no effect, except for his intended one of annoying/tilting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad - I assumed NL for some reason (again, why I did doesn't make any sense as most NL tables won't let you do it anyway)- in that case I agree with the above quote---and the poster who said my point was really, really dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't saying your post was really dumb because it was limit. Your idea is dumb for no limit as well.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming this is a limit game, as ratholing is not allowed by the PokerRoom software in PL/NL games.

That being the case, ratholing in a limit game has absolutely no effect, except for his intended one of annoying/tilting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad - I assumed NL for some reason (again, why I did doesn't make any sense as most NL tables won't let you do it anyway)- in that case I agree with the above quote---and the poster who said my point was really, really dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't saying your post was really dumb because it was limit. Your idea is dumb for no limit as well.

[/ QUOTE ]Everyones comments were mostly on track.Also,it is his money,if he is not breaking any site or game rules,he can do whatever he wants to with it.Dont let it bother you,as thats the only way it will have any effect on your game.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That being the case, ratholing in a limit game has absolutely no effect as long as he leaves 12 big bets on the table, except for his intended one of annoying/tilting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Ratholing down to 6 bets does have an effect. If he gets 4 bets in preflop and flops a draw of some kind, only having to call two more bets no matter what sends his EV for those two bets skyrocketing.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That being the case, ratholing in a limit game has absolutely no effect as long as he leaves 12 big bets on the table, except for his intended one of annoying/tilting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Ratholing down to 6 bets does have an effect. If he gets 4 bets in preflop and flops a draw of some kind, only having to call two more bets no matter what sends his EV for those two bets skyrocketing.

[/ QUOTE ]True,with a marginal draw your right,but it works both ways.Not being able to protect a marginal best hand,or not being able to value bet a monster hand or huge draw will work against you.Personally id rather have every tool in my arsenal available in a limit game,and losing the benefit you speak of(which you are correct),is a small price to pay in the long run.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:12 AM

Limit ratholer?
That's a good one.

Complaining about it?

I liked that one even better!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can only get in 2 bets preflop. 6 bets is enough to play most hands through normally.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:33 AM

I am confused, how does ratholing affect the limit game?
Scary Tiger, I know you play a lot limit games, would you please enlighten me? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scary Tiger, I know you play a lot limit games, would you please enlighten me? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]lol it doesnt,thats why your confused.Silly thread.I only responded to a hypothetical situation,that wont ever be a factor,cause i was bored [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2006, 07:45 AM

Yea, rat holing has little if no advantage in a limit game but...if it was a live game, he may be able to see some hands for free by not paying blind. I think that is common enough.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he doesn't have enough to complete the hand, then you have worse implied odds.