Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Kerry apologizes

Kerry apologized so it does make it a dead issue for everyone but people who hate Dems.
So in terms of the election its a dead issue and can hurt the the reps somewhat with Indep and disastisfied repubs...but it helps motivate the base.

Kerry didn't immediately apologize because he was thinking about his 08 election campaign and wanted to look tough...which was totally selfish.

Had he immediately set the record straight and apologized for his screwup...it would have been a dead issue
Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 PM

Maybe I'm crazy but I don't care if they talk about it all week. The Republicans don't want to talk about Iraq this week. They want to talk about economy, taxes and protecting us from terror. And in some places they want to talk about gay marraige. Other places - immigration.

I was quite happy to hear Kerry say over and over again, "I wasn't talking about the troops. The troops are heros. I was talking about how the President got us stuck in a quagmire."
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” - Henry Kissinger, quoted in “Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW’s in Vietnam”
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” - Henry Kissinger, quoted in “Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW’s in Vietnam”

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just silly and inflamatory to use a Kissenger quote. He is ancient history. It's not like he is visiting the White House to give Bush advice on the war.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:43 PM

First, Foley may be a creep, but he is not a pedophile. Pedophiles like little kids, not 16 yr old high school students. Foley is a "Gay American" as is Barney Franks and Jim McGreevy (not that there is anything wrong with that-being gay). Next, (a non-sequitor) Kerry is a moron (apologies to all morons). Irrespective of your political party/agenda/leanings etc. John Kerry is an elitist, stiffassed snob who thinks all of us (Republican or Democrats) are a step below him, and that the military men and women are 2 steps below. I have a PhD in chemistry, spent 6 stinking years in the military, and believe Kerry could not carry my jockstap. Being a Kerry apologist makes you look dumb.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is just silly and inflamatory to use a Kissenger quote. He is ancient history. It's not like he is visiting the White House on a monthly basis, or whenever he is in town and wants to stop by, to give Bush advice on the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 AM

He didn't really apologize - he said he's "sorry the joke bombed" - not an apology to the soldiers in Iraq.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is just silly and inflamatory to use a Kissenger quote. He is ancient history. It's not like he is visiting the White House on a monthly basis, or whenever he is in town and wants to stop by, to give Bush advice on the war.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

First find your sarcasm detector. Then look for the on/off switch. Make sure it is in the "on" position.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't really apologize - he said he's "sorry the joke bombed" - not an apology to the soldiers in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he said "sorry if you were offened b/c I botched the joke". A slight difference. I don't think he really owes any more than that b/c it was indeed a botched joke. Politicaly sure it would have been better for him to handle it differentaly, but on a moral level I don't think he needs to say anything else.

I think its actually pretty funny with how anti politcal correctness the Repulicans/"conservatives" are, yet you have to apologize how an obvious misstatment might have hurt someones feelings.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:16 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
First, Foley may be a creep, but he is not a pedophile. Pedophiles like little kids, not 16 yr old high school students. Foley is a "Gay American" as is Barney Franks and Jim McGreevy (not that there is anything wrong with that-being gay). Next, (a non-sequitor) Kerry is a moron (apologies to all morons). Irrespective of your political party/agenda/leanings etc. John Kerry is an elitist, stiffassed snob who thinks all of us (Republican or Democrats) are a step below him, and that the military men and women are 2 steps below. I have a PhD in chemistry, spent 6 stinking years in the military, and believe Kerry could not carry my jockstap. Being a Kerry apologist makes you look dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you learn to figure out what other people are thinking?