Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Is this the forum for \"should I go pro\" threads? (here\'s another)

[ QUOTE ]
i asked the same question in a post a few threads down. i think i'm going to try if things go smoothly for the next 18 months before graduation.

i think my checklist will be:

-$250,000+ in bank/investments (not including an overly conservative bankroll)
-$500/hour+ winrate over very meaningful sample (200k hands+)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ maybe I shouldn't go pro if that's where the bar is set.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Is this the forum for \"should I go pro\" threads? (here\'s another)

well i suppose it depends on what your other options are as well.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:20 PM

Here's what i'll never get about these threads... you're leaving a substantial life decision up to guys on a message board, most of which you'll never know. Not only that, but it's usually a decision you've thought a lot about. Unless we play with you on a daily basis, nobody here knows if you're good enough to make it, and only you know if you can handle the lifestyle.

These topics just seem to be either ploys for attention. Probably, if you were good enough and had the right mindset to go pro, you would not ask anyone here about it.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what i'll never get about these threads... you're leaving a substantial life decision up to guys on a message board, most of which you'll never know. Not only that, but it's usually a decision you've thought a lot about. Unless we play with you on a daily basis, nobody here knows if you're good enough to make it, and only you know if you can handle the lifestyle.

These topics just seem to be either ploys for attention. Probably, if you were good enough and had the right mindset to go pro, you would not ask anyone here about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's why I was half-joking at first. I'm not asking anyone to decide my life for me. My decision will be my own (like I said, I have a two-year plan for myself already).

Sometimes just general feedback (e.g. pitfalls to avoid) is nice, though.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i suppose it depends on what your other options are as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a lawyer. I make close to 100k living in the midwest.

I [censored] hate it.

No way I could continue doing what I do for more than 2 more years.
Closed Thread