Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 AM

Default Re: 200-400 PLO 255k pot

AAT7 was the [censored]
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM

durrr,

You realize don't you that I called the player with KQQJ a dumass, and not the one with 8743ds don't you?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:06 AM

Huh?? Please go back and re-read the hand history. The KQQJ hand never pushed all in pre-flop, it was the 2 hands w/AA that did. I think this was the bad play, pushing with AA and weak kickers, by the time it got to Booth he had odds to call as did KQQJ. I'm pretty sure that not too many would agree with you that Antonius is a [censored].
Old 10-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Brads play is fairly standard with how the action went down.
Kind of hard to say anything bad about how antonius played this hand aswell. He was against 2 bigger flushdraws aswell as 2 Ts were blocked and he still had >25% to this win this hand.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AAT7 was the [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of hard to say anything bad about how antonius played this hand aswell. He was against 2 bigger flushdraws aswell as 2 Ts were blocked and he still had >25% to this win this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an amusing thread. antonius played very bad when he called the 3rd raise with that hand given the stack size of the raiser which means he didn't have good implied odds and the raiser was certain to push any flop. The only good thing was that if he hit the flop hard he was guaranteed to get paid.

The next decision he had once it got repopped again was whether to stick it in virtually all the way 4 handed or take the loss of the 13K he had already called. In this case if you run the EV calcs for the main pot and 1st side pot, ignoring the smaller 2nd sidepot where he set the 4th guy in for his last 6K on the flop with the other two all in already (the only good play he made in the hand), you will see he has a very small +EV play on the main pot and a very small -EV play on the 1st sidepot that is effectively EV neutral, for an overall very small +EV play on all his action.

So the only thing that made calling the last raise correct was the same principle as hitting a 16 in blackjack, i.e. you rate to lose most of the time but rate to lose less. Thus his very small +EV play on the total action was better than taking the sure 13K -EV loss if he folded rather than calling the last raise. However, given slightly different duplicating/dominating sidecards for the other players, he could easily have been -EV on the hand.

The bottom line is he made a very bad call to 13K with his hand, especially as he should have suspected it would get popped again and he had bad implied odds with the stack sizes of the other players and the certainty of not being able to outplay them on the flop where one of them would just push.

And let's be clear about something else as well, which is even if the 2 guys with AA had turned their hands over, without the 4th guy who won the pot, he would have been making a very -EV play. The 8743ds guy however, had a +EV play 3 way against the 2 AA hands and 4 way as well where he gained a lot more EV from the KQQJ hand being in.

Another point from this and other high stakes PLO hands that have been posted recently is that one can be a bad player and yet still win, but only because of the combination of playing against similarly bad or worse players and short term luck, which is huge in PLO. But if the rest of you want to think differently just because of dollar amounts won and how well a certain player might play another form of poker, then go ahead. And if you dissenters are such theoretical poker geniuses re PLO, how come you didn't respond to my High Stakes PLO Theoretical Situation thread?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:33 PM

ur wrong... ur so vry vry wrong. Arbian's play was iffy but fine... every1 else's standardish.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 PM

is someone here arabiannight? this guy is playing these stakes? wow.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ur wrong... ur so vry vry wrong. Arbian's play was iffy but fine... every1 else's standardish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am wrong then explain why. Of course that assumes you know same theoretically if it's the case, and not just because you "know" or "feel" it to be.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Sweet. Now BluffTHIS! has two things to do with his time, teaching durr PLO and obsessing about ZJ.