Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: 2/4 - Reraising Light OOP

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3bet push the flop 1. On flop 2 I would bet/call depending on the size of his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you even look at potsize and stacksizes?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:31 PM

There's a lot of info missing here. In a wind tunnel I check-raise all-in. It would be helpful to offer something about your opponent and how you've been playing though.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:34 PM

aejones: c-betting too much after reraising light is very exploitable, bordering on spew. and as much as i'd like to get the moneys in here with a big draw, i'd rather c/r shove than bet-call.
1) he might sense weakness in our check and bet with a mid-pair, or high cards, or a suited connector or something. most of these will run like hell after a c/r (+EV, no showdown)
2) he might check behind with these same hands, as well as medium-big pairs, because he's afraid of a c/r. (free card = not a bad thing here)
3) if i'm putting all my money in with T high, i want to be the one making the last raise. semibluffs without FE suuuuck.

also i didnt realize it was 2 different hands, i thought it was just a typo...

well my advice stands for the first hand. the second one i'd play more passively probably.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:37 PM

you have to bet this flop. you have ten high! its def the worst hand, so put some pressure on him. obv, im calling all in once he shoves. im jamming the turn if he calls flop.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3bet push the flop 1. On flop 2 I would bet/call depending on the size of his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you even look at potsize and stacksizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Around 107bb deep vs that guy... the pot is around 106 we have ~350 left, if we bet 80, he mini raises or makes a raise to 200 we can then push and be a coinflip vs a higher pp and have fold quity vs JJ/QQ. Hand 2 is a lot harder since our hand is much weaker, if he mini raises we can call, if he make a serious raise we likely have to fold. IIf he outright pushes our nitial flop bet we have to make a decision if he'd ever do this w/ AK or only w/ AA/KK, or I guess QQ depending on the villain.

Are you altering your play for an additional 7bb?
Old 10-23-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to bet this flop. you have ten high! its def the worst hand, so put some pressure on him. obv, im calling all in once he shoves. im jamming the turn if he calls flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yuck. Why do you think he has the worst hand? He likely has the best hand and calling an all-in isn't ideal. We'd rather apply the pressure to our opponent. However, how hero plays this hand ideally means we need to know a lot more information then what's provided. We'd like to know how he plays his sets, draws, over pairs, how often he's been raising, how many pots his been in with this opponent, how willing is his opponent to overplay marginal hands, general reads on opponent, etc...

In a wind tunnel I think check-raise push will yield the highest EV, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM

I would rather open shove this flop than make a PSB. I would prob c/r this all in. Hand 2 i would check and see what happens.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM

Good2Cu, how often are you betting this flop with AA or KK? If the answer is probably everytime against this opponent then you bet. If the answer is you will check a decent amount in order to check-raise then a check maybe more in order, and this goes for both flops. When you three bet you are representing a big hand so play it like one. It would be nice to know more about villan, but lets assume he's your average player: They call A LOT of three bets with more than KK-TT, hands I would expect them to stack off with. Against a range like that, your play is +EV, also even against hands like JJ/QQ you might get a fold. So play it like you would with AA/KK. Since I bet these flops thats what I would do.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM

the biggest problem is if you check can he bluff you out, are you going to let his ace high win?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good2Cu, how often are you betting this flop with AA or KK? If the answer is probably everytime against this opponent then you bet. If the answer is you will check a decent amount in order to check-raise then a check maybe more in order, and this goes for both flops. When you three bet you are representing a big hand so play it like one. It would be nice to know more about villan, but lets assume he's your average player: They call A LOT of three bets with more than KK-TT, hands I would expect them to stack off with. Against a range like that, your play is +EV, also even against hands like JJ/QQ you might get a fold. So play it like you would with AA/KK. Since I bet these flops thats what I would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be obvious to the villain that hero is reraising with more than AA/KK here. Hero knows this, villain knows that he knows this. Basically, both parties are really only guessing at the holdings of the other at this point, and any hand hero has could legitimately be both bet out or checked here. Ah, the wonders of wide 3-betting!

So your thoughts are in the right direction, but I don't think its as simple as "do what you'd do with AA/KK" given that both players will probably be thinking on higher levels here.