Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Borat movie on youtube

Here's the problem i see happening with this movie though. Why is it funny? Cause you are [censored] intelligent. Most of america is retarded (which is why it's so easy for him to do what he does), I don't see this being welcomed in by most movie goers, either because they are too dumb or they are the ones getting made fun of.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the problem i see happening with this movie though. Why is it funny? Cause you are [censored] intelligent. Most of america is retarded (which is why it's so easy for him to do what he does), I don't see this being welcomed in by most movie goers, either because they are too dumb or they are the ones getting made fun of.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I dont find most of Da Ali G show funny, but its really started to grow on me. My friends tell me its great, and the previews for the movie made it look really good. But the show as a whole is starting to grow on me.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have winner, as i totally agree with this point of view. scary.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 AM

"naught, naughty"

*shrug*

LOL
Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but who cares this movie is going to be hilarious because of the stupidity of Americans. I can not [censored] wait for this to open!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously cannot wait for this, I came across this clip which is supposedly a deleted scene, I cannot for the life in me figure out why I find it the most funny, there are obviously longer and funnier clips, but I seriously crack up everyday when i play this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ftyk9ItAriw

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha awesome.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For this reason, I was actually surprised when I heard it was going to be shown on lots of screens nationwide, I just cant see it having mass appeal, Im surprised its been advertised so much. Whenever I show my friends who never saw the show the Borat segments, they get disinterested or weirded out pretty quickly, they say its too awkward and slow, they usually laugh at Ali and the other guy though.

I wasn't into Ali G then, but was the last movie big in America? I always thought it was a straight to DVD type deal.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are forgetting that americans think they are smart, even when they are stupid. Its like that show "Street smarts" everyone loves that, even the stupid people
Old 10-24-2006, 02:44 AM

For anyone that hasnt already bought all the Ali G season DVD's do so ASAP. Guy is a comic genious, my only hope is that we get a Bruno movie soon too.
~Justin
Old 10-24-2006, 04:03 AM

Borat may be the funniest character I have ever seen. I watch it alone and I am laughing out loud, then I get embarassed for myself and stop.