Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Thoughts On The Foxwoods O8 Tourney Structure for WPT WPF

[ QUOTE ]
How did everyone do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Table 10, seat 3. To my right in Seat 2 was the Card POY #4 John Hoang. Michael Mizrachi (#1 on the list) showed up over an hour late in the 10 seat.

Paul Darden also made an appearance.

In Seat 1 was some scraggly homeless-looking middle aged guy with glasses and curly hair. He was playing hands like 5/6/7/8 from the button, so I couldn't help but to pay him off with my Queens full of 2's against his Queens full of 10's, ugghers, stupid turn card! *shakes fist in the air*

With blinds at 100/200 and the betting at 200/400 (about 4 hours into the event) I'm dealt A/A/3/4 double suited all black UTG+1.

John Hoang UTG with 2/3/5/9 offsuit limps??? I raise it up, another guy with A/2/4/6 suited three-bets and even as I grab my chips to cap that isht Hoang is calling??? WTF?

Dude is like 15% as far as equity goes pre-flop against my 49%. Flop is 2/9/K with two of my suit, he's outdrawn me, but I'm still a favorite with 53% equity to his 38%. I'm down to about 325 remaining and he bets 200 and I get it all-in and see the bad news. The 3 on the turn and Jack on the river don't present another club and I'm sent packing.

Crazy Asian luckbox goes on to finish 10th. I see him later in a 100/200 O8 cash game with a ridiculously thick wad of hundred dollar bills and it only fuels my jealousy. I then sit at a 20/40 O.E. game and rape it for hundreds of dollars.

Going down Wednesday to pillage the cash games some more. I've got a jr. suite at Two Trees with two beds and a pull-out sofa in case anyone wants to bunk up and split costs.

I'm heading down very early Wednesday morning, so I can arrive before 9am. And I'll probably check-in to the hotel late. I don't want to be driving 100 miles home after playing 18 hours at the tables.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:40 AM

What did you think of the structure?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you think of the structure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it sucked. After 3-4 hours it gets to the point where playing one or two hands can cost you your entire stack.

I talked to one of the guys who made the final table. He said he had 120K in chips, but playing one hand knocked him down to 60K (and with about a million in chips total in play, he had an average stack)

Typical Foxwoods tourney structure, an all-in fest that blows. At least the cash games are juicy.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:32 AM

sorry i didnt get back AJ.

been busy/sick/women problems, you know, just the normal.

how did you wind up overall?

+?

-?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry i didnt get back AJ.

been busy/sick/women problems, you know, just the normal.

how did you wind up overall?

+?

-?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetely minus when you factor in three nights in the suite and the cost of the tournament.

The cash games were juicy, but I had plans to do things with the wife as well. So I'd get down and be on the wait list for an hour and a half, play for an hour, then have to rush to meet her for dinner, etc.

So Wednesdays trip I'm going to be playing something silly like 18 hours of cash games, then crash in my hotel room, and this time the wife stays home.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:27 AM

Glad I sat this one out.

(That, and the ultimate realization that I'm not just on a losing streak. My game is a losing game. SIGH. Was winning fairly consistently before I took a 1-1.5 year hiatus from online. When I got back, I just haven't been able to recover my game.)
Old 11-07-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad I sat this one out.

(That, and the ultimate realization that I'm not just on a losing streak. My game is a losing game. SIGH. Was winning fairly consistently before I took a 1-1.5 year hiatus from online. When I got back, I just haven't been able to recover my game.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Toots, the live games are even softer than the online ones, so it's worth it just for the cash games that are going on right now.

I'm talking sick stuff. At my 20/40 O.E. game during the O8 round I've got a guy raising A/6/6/9 suited, I three-bet him with A/A/3/4 double suited, he calls and then on a Q/2/Q flop with a potential flush draw (that he doesn't have) he's calling my bet chasing his two-outer (of course, he hit both 6's on the turn and river, but that's beside the point, friggin' gold mine baby!)