Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: I made this post a while back, about this subject.

[ QUOTE ]
Let us say someone goes all-in on the first orbit of a Stars turbo, and gets called, you are closing the action with JJ. I will ignore the blinds completely as they are small to simplify this. If you fold you will have 1500, against 6 others with 1500 and 1 with 3000, and your $EV will be 11.4% of the prize pool, if you call and win you will 4500 against 6 others with 1500, and your $EV will be 27.75% of the pool. What this means is you need to have a hand that is 11.4/27.75= 41.1% against the ranges of the two all in people in order to breakeven.

When you have JJ the breakeven point is around 22+ A5s+ A8o+ KTs+ KJo+ QTs+ JTs and 77+ AJs+ AQo+.

When you have QQ the breakeven point is around 66+ A8s+ KJs+ ATo+ KQo and TT+ AQs+ AKo.

I find it rare to see these kind of ranges in players who go all-in, I know they are loose but not this loose in general. This is why I advocate folding these sorts of hands against two all-ins, Not because one of them is likely to have you beat, but because even if they are very loose you are still giving away money by calling.

[/ QUOTE ]