Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Prima 10/20 against BB

Raising the flop is fine. My plan was to wait for the turn to raise. An ace on the turn was pretty much the only card that would block this play.
I agree that the river raise looks over the top but against this player I think it is good. The only weak point I can find is that it is possible he will 3-bet with a weak ace (that he wouldn't check raise the turn with) but IMO not a lot of ppl can do this 3-bet here
Old 10-23-2006, 07:05 AM

Calling the flop to raise the turn is the way to go imo. These players often like to fire another barrel on the turn so you`ll get max value. As the ace falls I would give up on this plan.
Raising the river is pretty bad as there aren`t many 2nd best hands paying you off and folding to a 3-bet against an unknown with a decent hand sucks.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling the flop to raise the turn is the way to go imo. These players often like to fire another barrel on the turn so you`ll get max value. As the ace falls I would give up on this plan.
Raising the river is pretty bad as there aren`t many 2nd best hands paying you off and folding to a 3-bet against an unknown with a decent hand sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad that someone understood my thinking on the flop and turn.
I don't agree about the river though. This guy will call with ANY pair as low as a pair of 2s. If I get 3-bet then it really sucks b/c I can't fold but I think he only 3-bets either with a strong hand or on a desperate bluff.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad that someone understood my thinking on the flop and turn.
I don't agree about the river though. This guy will call with ANY pair as low as a pair of 2s. If I get 3-bet then it really sucks b/c I can't fold but I think he only 3-bets either with a strong hand or on a desperate bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how bad this guy is but I tend to think small pairs c/c the river on a board like this. I think villain `s most likely holdings after he bets the river are either an ace or nothing at all. I`d need a very strong read to raise that river for value.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 AM

I dont mind this line
Old 10-23-2006, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The river raise is truly bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why you think is bad? The river 2 didn't change anything. In both plays (betting turn / checking turn) I invest 2 bets.

If he bets the river on a bluff then fine, but if he does a marginal value bet because he thinks my play shows that I don't have A or even K, then I doubt this player is folding to the river raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, I missed that you hit the flop. I don't think the river raise is *truly* bad, but if villain is as bad as you say, I would bet the turn, and bet the river.