Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: UNC Football Coach Bunting Fired

It shames me that this pathetic excuse for a coach actually beat the University of Miami.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It shames me that this pathetic excuse for a coach actually beat the University of Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

and Auburn. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2006, 05:52 AM

Wow, this is great news. I was actually happy that we lost the South Florida game b/c it might have actually embarrassed the university to the point it would fire Bunting. I doubt we can land Rodriguez, but at least the administration's heart is in the right place.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is great news. I was actually happy that we lost the South Florida game b/c it might have actually embarrassed the university to the point it would fire Bunting. I doubt we can land Rodriguez, but at least the administration's heart is in the right place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with everything here. Jimbo Fisher (41 yrs old) would be a coup.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:15 AM

Didn't State try to hire Jimbo Fisher a couple of years back? Can't remember the specifics but all the State fans were saying it was a done deal, then it fell through. Hmm. Does he have ties to the region?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't State try to hire Jimbo Fisher a couple of years back? Can't remember the specifics but all the State fans were saying it was a done deal, then it fell through. Hmm. Does he have ties to the region?

[/ QUOTE ]

His bio on LSU's sports page says he is an '89 graduate of Salem College. I went to salem.edu which is in Winston-Salem (NC), but it is an all women's college so not sure.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have they ever had a good football team?

[/ QUOTE ]
Weren't they pretty good when Mack Brown coached there (and Julius Peppers played)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. During one of Mack's years we played FSU at home in November and we were both ranked in the AP's top ten.

[/ QUOTE ]
Julius Peppers never played for Mack Brown He played for Torbush, Bunting and Dougherty and never on a ranked football team.
In the 1995 season we ended the year ranked in the top 15 during the 1996 season ( which I remember driving to Hillsboro after Huricaine Fran to " look for Ice" actually I was listening to the UNC Syaracuse game on the radio.) we lost to Florida state but were still in contention for a BCS bowl birth when we blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead Vs UVA starting when Keldorf threw an INT at the goalline that was returned for a TD. We ended up beating Va Tech in the Gator Bowl to secure a final seasason ranking of #3 with Carl Torbush as our new head coach, as Mack Brown had left before the bowl to take over at Texas