Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 08:56 PM

Default Re: AKo, standard play?

I don't think either opponent played their hand like a flush draw.

Why would BB try to checkraise a made flush on the river? He has to assume the bet comes from Hero, so he'll be facing UTG+1 with two bets, and, more importantly, risks a check-through.

Why did UTG+1 raise the flop unless he had something to go with a flush draw? I guess he could have done it with a pair (Ah3h) or 'nut-shot' straight draw (AhQh, AhTh) but otherwise he's chasing out a customer and has little semi-bluff/folding equity against BB if the draw misses. Also, he doesn't look aggressive enough (miniscule sample size) to raise flush draws into PFRs.

That said, I suspect UTG+1 flopped two pair, wussed out on the turn, and found his stones again on the river.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 PM

On the river, BB hasn't acted yet. We could be getting trapped by BB's checkraise. That would suck. Three broadway, and the flush came in is not good.

Also on the flop, what is UTG+1 raising with? He is pretty passive post-flop, and very tight. He only bets with solid hands. I'm not sure I like this raise, but cold-calling sucks too, and folding is totally out.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I like this raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the flop raise by the passive post-flop villian.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold because the BB is left to act. He also looks like he's playing a flush draw with a check-raise river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way too narrow a range.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 PM

I like the 3-bet on the flop.

I think you are beat when the 3rd heart falls. I would have guessed that BB was more likely to have the flush draw than UTG+1 because he cold called 2 bets on the flop. I would have called on the river, but I am probably too loose on the river with top pair. I don't think it's a disaster to fold though.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Re: AKo, standard play? RESULTS

As is shown I was battling it out with UTG+1 and the BB had us crushed all along. My guess on UTG+1 making his hand on the river was accurate... hooray.

It seems like I am running into the BB style of play a lot lately.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Results:
BB has Jc Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
UTG+1 has 8c Ks (two pair, kings and eights).
Hero has Kd As (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 13.75 BB. </font>
Old 02-01-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: AKo, standard play? RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
hooray

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume this is joy over the number of bets that BB <u>didn't</u> take away from you?

You played fine. The river call is a toughie, trapped between two players with what may well be the third-best hand, but I think you've got to call one, fold to any more.

Edit: and I hope you buddy-listed these two. One doesn't 3-bet jacks preflop and then gets the minimum number of bets in when he catches his set, the other calls preflop OOP with K8o, and calls down all the way against a flop donkbettor and a pfr that's shown no sign of slowing down. It's TIME TO EAT.