Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 2/4 at Stars...how\'s my line?

Yeah, I was hoping to get the forum's general opinion on whether or not I could get this guy to lay it down.

I figure the only way, theoretically, that I can convince villain to lay this down is to 3-bet the flop and bet out again on the turn.

Unfortunately he was holding 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and once he flopped top pair it became incredibly unlikely that he'd get away from it. I just didn't really, based on his HUD stats and play at the table so far, put him on a hand like that.

TPK
Old 10-17-2006, 02:47 PM

Pokar "King,"

Yeah, get the money in early here if villian is short-stacked. That is, 3-jack the flop.

I don't think you provoke a fold from a short-stacked villain who's playing this aggressively at any point.

PLAY SLOTS GET CASH!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think not 3 betting this flop is horrible, you can't pegg him for aces, he'd do this with TT-QQ also and you beat those hands, and it certainly isn't out of the question that he is raising a flush draw

i would of 3 bet this on the flop and calla cap, and lead out the turn and then re-ev and probabaly slow down

but you can't slow down that quickly

[/ QUOTE ]
In this case it doesn't really matter what you do since you are going all-in in all cases, but your advice is very bad when you are playing against a decent oponent. You are going to give WAY TO MUCH action when you are going to cap preflop, 3-bet the flop and then donk the turn after it is capped.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was hoping to get the forum's general opinion on whether or not I could get this guy to lay it down.

I figure the only way, theoretically, that I can convince villain to lay this down is to 3-bet the flop and bet out again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you have KK, and Villain has way too few chips for you to ever get away from the hand. Consequently, you shouldn't be thinking about making him fold, you should be thinking "Since he is always getting all-in when he wins, how can I make sure he also gets all-in when I win?" LOL at 3betting the flop causing him to fold, he's always going to peel if he doesn't cap, and then on the turn he'll have 1BB and decide what the hell, let's see if I can river this.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Given that he is almost all-in I would goto the felt ASAP
Old 10-17-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In this case it doesn't really matter what you do since you are going all-in in all cases, but your advice is very bad when you are playing against a decent oponent. You are going to give WAY TO MUCH action when you are going to cap preflop, 3-bet the flop and then donk the turn after it is capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say i completely disagree...

there are few points at which i don't agree in your post...

1. you assumed this guy is a "decent oponent", his stats are merely over 60 hands and he is an idiot from what i see on the stats, i don't care if he is 3.5% PFR, it's only over 60 hands and i seriously doubt those numbers scream something i should be worried about, and you have KK...... i don't know how much i need to elaborate here to communicate what i'm trying to say, so i'm gonna just kindly remind you of this fact and hope you get the point

2. OP is not giving "WAY TO MUCH" action with a PFR cap a flop 3-bet and a turn lead, he is ahead way too many times to make this a profitable play, what kind of action do you want with KK HU!??!?!?! 1 bet won per street??!?!??!?!

3.To a very small degree, you are being result un-oriented, "In this case it doesn't really matter what you do since you are going all-in in all cases,"
it matters to me when i put the money went in when i'm a head even if it is an unavoidable all in situation.