Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Car and TV beat.

man that sucks, that's a gorgeous TV and a Samsung so you know it rules.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least there are manufacturer's warranties on it. Personally I'd argue with their customer service and get a new television, it'll just end up being refurbished after they fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, plan is the nearest tech guy will call me tomorrow to set up a time to come and look at it, and when he comes out I'll just argue for them to send a new one because no matter what I wont trust this one. I really can't see this being able to be fixed by a guy because its not a color wheel screwup or anything, somethings seriously tapped with it.

Cause for anxiety for me at the moment: I bought it on Amazon who are a registered Samsung dealer ($200 cheaper so I figured what the hell), so it has the full warantee, but reading the Warantee they say they dont cover damage from shipping, and I mean the box was in perfect shape when I got it, signed for it, but I read later Amazon tells you to open the thing and inspect it while the delivery guys there before accepting the delivery, which I didnt even think of. I dont think theyll pick a bitch about this but Im still worried about it.

My main concern is just that this wont take forever for me to get the (a) damn TV working in this house.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:01 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I keep not pulling the trigger on this TV (I was looking at the 46" for my tiny place) and not doing it because of all the horror stories on the shape of the TV's when they show up and the months and months it takes to get them fixed.

I'm going to suggest you go back and read the reviews if you haven't, even though it seems mean.

Edit: I was also looking at them on amazon.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:03 AM

don't worry about them trying to fix it instead of replace it. When flat panels break, they're done.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't worry about them trying to fix it instead of replace it. When flat panels break, they're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a projection TV.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:11 AM

oh, well i skimmed. either way, you suck in BBV, piss off.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, well i skimmed. either way, you suck in BBV, piss off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I keep not pulling the trigger on this TV (I was looking at the 46" for my tiny place) and not doing it because of all the horror stories on the shape of the TV's when they show up and the months and months it takes to get them fixed.

I'm going to suggest you go back and read the reviews if you haven't, even though it seems mean

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I read all the reviews for this model , its 720p brother, I remember one bad one but all the others were good, one complained about shipping time, these being the reviews about amazons shipping and stuff. Were the horror stories in the screen size you were looking for? I should have checked those. I should have just paid $200 more at BestBuy, my hate for the store screwed me over.

What I'm really hoping for is Samsung to come, say its totally [censored], and have BestBuy down the street send one over, but I highly imagine it doesnt work like that.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea I read all the reviews for this model , its 720p brother, I remember one bad one but all the others were good, one complained about shipping time, these being the reviews about amazons shipping and stuff. Were the horror stories in the screen size you were looking for? I should have checked those. I should have just paid $200 more at BestBuy, my hate for the store screwed me over.

What I'm really hoping for is Samsung to come, say its totally [censored], and have BestBuy down the street send one over, but I highly imagine it doesnt work like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the complaints are that the shipping sucks, but main concern is if the TV is FUBAR it turns into a huge clusterfuck because Amazon won't take it back and samsung wants to spend six months fixing it before trading it in.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the complaints are that the shipping sucks, but main concern is if the TV is FUBAR it turns into a huge clusterfuck because Amazon won't take it back and samsung wants to spend six months fixing it before trading it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea my main concern now too, [censored] eh man. I know getting a lemon is a rarity, but my advice I guess would just spend the extra few hundred and go to best buy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]