Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Re: WSEX update on disconnect issues and freerolls

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I see zero incentive for you to keep your freerolls going. I'm certain that if you take the time to do a data search to see if the players who are habitually playing the freerolls are actually giving you any quality play, you will find they are not.

Once someone actually finds your site - let 'em actualy make a deposit and play with the cash - for get the freebies, they are tying up your bandwidth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Prima seemed to have problems recently with their freerolls - they'd have an extra 10,000 freeloaders playing and it would kill the network. Dump the freeloaders!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I see zero incentive for you to keep your freerolls going.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not depositing on any site where i've never played. the first thing i do when checking out a new site is try a freeroll. for this site which badly needs to bring in new players, dropping the freerolls would be a terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a rumor that you can click on a table and it opens up, then you can see how the software looks. I'll try to confirm once i get home from work.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting disconnects more frequently since the upgrade. The reconnects are faster, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these points apply to me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I see zero incentive for you to keep your freerolls going.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not depositing on any site where i've never played. the first thing i do when checking out a new site is try a freeroll. for this site which badly needs to bring in new players, dropping the freerolls would be a terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a rumor that you can click on a table and it opens up, then you can see how the software looks. I'll try to confirm once i get home from work.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you click on a play money table you can even sit down and play. Then you get to see how the buttons and sliders work as well.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Props for keeping the community updated.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also props for taking a suggestion from these forums (that the freerolls are partly to blame) and using it.

Too bad people are still having problems though but I'm glad that WPEX is trying to do something about it AND is keeping us updated on here.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting disconnects more frequently since the upgrade. The reconnects are faster, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these points apply to me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yawn. freerolls bring new players to the site. they are necessary, that's why every site has them.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...props for taking a suggestion from these forums (that the freerolls are partly to blame) and using it.
Too bad people are still having problems though but I'm glad that WPEX is trying to do something about it AND is keeping us updated on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
So here is my trip report on multitabling 5 top SNG, $5 NL .

Monday, I played 4 at a time constantly for 100 minutes of play. I went through 8 tourneys in that time (that includes start up (15 minutes) and tailing off (15 minutes)). I took first once and second three times, breaking even. One lag lapse of about 10 seconds, causing at least one hand to fold. This was pretty crazy, but I could still chat. No misfolds or anything, but I was going all-in often as many were 3-up at the same time. Table turn over was not a problem.

Sunday, I played five, three at a time, won $32.50 ($7.50 up). Two lag lapses of about 10 seconds each over 100 minutes. Three at a time is easy really, lots of time to chat, take notes, ect.

Saturday, I played just two games at once. Won $17.50 (Up $7.50). Too slow.

So my net so far of 15, $5, 5-tops SNG is $15 up, with an average of 3 at a time, which would take about 4 hours of play (3 constantly), or 20% ROI . If you exclude the 4 tabling , then it's 7 hands over about 2 hours, $15 up or 42% ROI . At poker stars , over 15 @ $6 + $0.50 turbo, 4 at a time, I made about $42.50 (I played more then) in about 4 hours or 44% ROI .

Anyone have some pokerstars to Wsex ROI's of the same limits...with a bigger sample than I?

I never used PaHud and rarely use PT. I have considered SNG helper, but don't really care. I play for recreation/challenge. I plan to take detailed notes on players at Wsex (such as chat topics, and what they might think of my play). I'm taking a 'house game' approach to the SNG, as I'm confident I will see similar players over a long period of time and may actually get a better 'read' through the chat/subject topics. I think it will be more interesting too, as I can develope a better relationship with the players (B&M players talk about this).

Thought I would post this. The decons are WAY down for sure. They happen occasionally. They happened more often to others at the tables I was playing, and I'm sure it's their connection. You MUST turn animations off (and everything else for that matter, just the basics). I do this on all sites though.

iH8poker
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I see zero incentive for you to keep your freerolls going. I'm certain that if you take the time to do a data search to see if the players who are habitually playing the freerolls are actually giving you any quality play, you will find they are not.

Once someone actually finds your site - let 'em actualy make a deposit and play with the cash - for get the freebies, they are tying up your bandwidth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Prima seemed to have problems recently with their freerolls - they'd have an extra 10,000 freeloaders playing and it would kill the network. Dump the freeloaders!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing at a site with zero rakeback, exactly how are you not a "freeloader"?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:12 AM

I get disconnects on this site several times an hour, yesterday in a tournament I was dealt AA and it disconnected. This was so so so irritating. Strangely when I eventually got back on a few hands later I was dealt AA again and more han doubled up wo it sort of made up for it.

I do not have disconnect issues anywhere else so my internet connection could not be blamed.

However, the most irritating thing of all is when you time out either through a disconnect or just run out of time you cannot play the next hand either??? Why cant you click on "Im back" as soon as you are back on and be dealt in the next hand? This only applies to cash games.