Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Stars 30/60 - QQ

Easy check behind, and call any river bet UI.

EDIT: I saw you spiked a Q on the river. I like your raise, and I make a crying call of his 3-bet. (I'm hoping he has AQ here, and I think he'd 3-bet top 2 because we obviously don't have a flush).
Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 AM

I think you should 4-bet the river for value. Do you really think he check calls a flush draw (KJdd or the like) on the flop, if he is, as you said, definitely "aggressive"
Old 10-16-2006, 07:33 AM

I agree that you should check behind here to get a free card to hit the flush or trips. He might have AA in which case your Q out is not, but he'll checkraise with any decent Ace here which you won't like. Still, if you did bet and he did check-raise you can be fairly sure he has the Ace and still call with half decent odds to win on the river. If you do get check raised and don't improve on the river, I think you can lay it down 2/3 of the time, although if you wanted to see how he played the hand where he hit the Ace on the turn it may be worth the call.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His hand looks much more like an ace high hand anyway since a pocket pair from an aggro player usually puts in some action on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very good point. This is what I completely missed when I was playing the hand. Here's the rest of the hand.

River: (8.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero..?

What about if the river had blanked?

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened on the turn??
Old 10-17-2006, 08:49 AM

I'll check and call the river. You have 2nd nut flush draw, no point of getting raised here and calling an extra bet on the river. Also, I want to see what type of starting hand this guy plays if I never played with him before.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:56 AM

I would cap here. If he had AA I think you would have heard from him preflop or somewhere on the flop. I don't see why he wouldn't raise the flop if he had AA, I'm sure he knows you have a hand and that if he raise you're likely to call and get more money in. The only hand that beats you would be a flush. He's likely to get frisky with AQ on on the river if he has two pair. I would cap for value.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:40 AM

excellent spot mate.

You will note that the pot @ river is now 8.75 BB vs 4.75 at the turn as in Original Post. Therefore he bet, got check-raised and called the raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM

check.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
excellent spot mate.

You will note that the pot @ river is now 8.75 BB vs 4.75 at the turn as in Original Post. Therefore he bet, got check-raised and called the raise [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sorry about that. That's exactly what happened on the turn.