Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Dealer pushes time (long, maybe low content)

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with chesspain. I see no reason why the dealer should not get written up here, and I am not even convinced that you guys prevented it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jba, I'm glad you brought that up.

When someone suggested that we repay time, I was going to ask the floorman if that would prevent the dealer from getting written up. I didn't, mainly because I felt I had said enough and I didn't want to appear like I wouldn't pay five bucks to help someone out. But it does seem silly for us to pay time again if the disciplinary action would be the same regardless.

Any floors out there who know what protocol is here?

-McGee
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 AM

wtf does it seem that a lot of dealers change the reds into green, only to drop the green anyway?
ive asked this question to a dealer once, he said it was easier to deal over the smaller stack of chips. that cant be the reason.that really cant be the reason.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:44 AM

what do you want? youre going to heaven or something?
Old 10-11-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you want? youre going to heaven or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

-McGee
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 AM

if this dealer was a fat dude nobody would have paid time again
Old 10-11-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf does it seem that a lot of dealers change the reds into green, only to drop the green anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

To make it easier for the cameras to see if the dealer is stealing from the rake/time charge. The claim that the table wasn't being recorded is the funniest part of the story.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To make it easier for the cameras to see if the dealer is stealing from the rake/time charge.

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry, this doesnt make sense either. how does it make it easier for the cameras?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive asked this question to a dealer once, he said it was easier to deal over the smaller stack of chips. that cant be the reason.that really cant be the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this is a factor out there, but here in Detroit at low limits dealers will often wait for 5 or 10 white to change into 2 red to drop rake (10% capped at $5 or $6 depending).

The reason is that the rake boxes are only emptied every so often (8 hours? 12? I've played 10-15 hours sessions and only seen one box-swap), and if you're dropping 10 chips in every down as opposed to 2 (in the OP's case) the box will fill 5 times as quickly.

I've seen dealers have to fight with full boxes before. Waste of time.

Even if the full box idea doesn't apply, you'd think there's merit to coloring up rake/time before the drop for the same reason anyone colors up before leaving a table. It's just easier to count/handle/deal with $1,000 in $25 chips than in $5s.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if this is a factor out there, but here in Detroit at low limits dealers will often wait for 5 or 10 white to change into 2 red to drop rake (10% capped at $5 or $6 depending).

The reason is that the rake boxes are only emptied every so often (8 hours? 12? I've played 10-15 hours sessions and only seen one box-swap), and if you're dropping 10 chips in every down as opposed to 2 (in the OP's case) the box will fill 5 times as quickly.

I've seen dealers have to fight with full boxes before. Waste of time.

Even if the full box idea doesn't apply, you'd think there's merit to coloring up rake/time before the drop for the same reason anyone colors up before leaving a table. It's just easier to count/handle/deal with $1,000 in $25 chips than in $5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake goes into the tray at the Taj.

-McGee
Old 10-11-2006, 01:50 PM

So the dealer takes $5 from everyone, colors it from the tray into 2 $25s, then puts thw 2 $25s into the tray?