Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Stars statement coming this week.

It will probably be the most important statement ever issued by an online poker site when it does come.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed, and keep emailing your local Stars representative ecouranging them to remain open to US customers. Show them lots of love so they won't just walk away leaving our broken hearts in the west Texas Hold Em dust.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It will probably be the most important statement ever issued by an online poker site when it does come.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree

if Stars stays this has a chance of just being a bump in the road of online poker history.

stars will become huge, 2-3 other sites will get bigger and we will all move on in short order
Old 10-09-2006, 06:52 PM

that's kinda crazy to imagine. that one statement by an online pokersite can affect the lives of so many people. hope they decide to stick with us
Old 10-09-2006, 06:53 PM

oh fella's i just caint wait to hear the outcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

If Stars stays in the US, I'd guess it will end up with something like 40%-60% market share (going off pokersitescout data). I'm not sure that any other firm will crack double-digits. The online poker industry was pretty concentrated before, but it will be only a step or two removed from monopoly if Stars decides it wants to continue.

If Stars leaves, the industry is in for some serious realignment, with Full Tilt, Absolute, and a few other sites fighting it out.

The Party announcement was huge, and the Stars announcement will be similarly huge.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:50 PM

I agree, the billions they will be making should offset the negatives that may arise. With enough cash, you can buy yourself out of anything in the US anyways.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Stars stays in the US, I'd guess it will end up with something like 40%-60% market share (going off pokersitescout data). I'm not sure that any other firm will crack double-digits. The online poker industry was pretty concentrated before, but it will be only a step or two removed from monopoly if Stars decides it wants to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure where you get those estimates. If you take Party completely out of the mix right now, Stars only has about 20% of the total market. Even among sites that are likely to still be accepting Americans next week, Stars only has about 40% market share. If you give Stars 40% of Party's lost traffic (let's say 85% of Party will leave, although that seems high), then Stars grows by less than 50% and ends up with less than 30% of the total world market. Not a bad week for Stars, but hardly a monopoly.

Of course, it all depends on your assumptions of where those Party players will go. Based on recent growth trends, I'd say Full Tilt will grab more than its fair share.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 PM

It will go to the site that has a Bonus......Stars does not have one...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:01 PM

yes they do. not often, but they do have them
Old 10-09-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will go to the site that has a Bonus......Stars does not have one...

[/ QUOTE ]

And what, that can't change with time? Going by your logic Absolute will take over the market share. You are not off base by any means, but Stars management is certainly capable of adjusting business strategy to meet changing market conditions. The market is about to change in a big way come Friday.