Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Online Gambling Discussion on NPR\'s \"On Point\"

"Lets go to a bar or a party"- Girl

"Nah I gonna stay home and play a poker tournament on my computer" - guy

GRRRRRRRRR
Old 10-09-2006, 03:03 PM

I listened to this whole program. I came away with the thought that we ( the poker community) have a communication problem with the general public. If we are lumped in with the non-skill forms of gambling, we have no shot of accomplishing our objectives.
A massive PR blitz to educate the media and the general public about the skill and history of poker is needed to help preserve our rights to play poker.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM

The girl who was addicted at the end of college:

Host: "So, how are you doing now?"

Girl: "Umm, hehhe, I"m doing well, but like with any addiciton it is a process that is day by day. You know it's, people are always like are you over it and done and with like any addiction I don't think you are ever done with it. You just need to take it one step at a time."

This girl is a moron and her views are all contradicting. Here is her blog:

http://www.campusprogress.org/page/c.../laurenpatrizi

From her blog:

"To think it all started here on this campus progress blog. Tomorrow evening at 745ish Central time I will be interviewed on John Kasich's Heartland.. I know, I dont know what to say either. LOL.. I will be talking about online gambling and I really hope you all can tune in... Oh i'm so 'cited lol... To think Fox news would actually want me on their program baffles me... lol" (Nov '05)
Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM

The more I listen to Leech and the other nut the more I think that I would rather have people as clueless as these to make the new laws because they refuse to acknowledge that prohabition does not work.

I would rather they think their ineffective laws work while we find other ways to play. Im not sure I would want people who have a proper understanding making the laws because it seems that each state would decide if online poker is ok. So then if its regulated and your state outlaws it, it might be harder to play.

Now, I am probably way off, but that was just a thought I had. These two nuts were laughable. And the girl while having a good point about education loses all respect when she just wants to stop everyone else from doing it.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they refuse to acknowledge that prohabition does not work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then what is everyone so upset about?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they refuse to acknowledge that prohabition does not work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then what is everyone so upset about?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this: if its against the law, then there is always the risk that we as players will be prosecuted or that the industry as a whole will be prosecuted, and consequently that is -$$$$$. How about that, for starters?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Girl: "Umm, hehhe, I"m doing well, but like with any addiciton it is a process that is day by day. You know it's, people are always like are you over it and done and with like any addiction I don't think you are ever done with it. You just need to take it one step at a time."

From her blog:

"To think it all started here on this campus progress blog. Tomorrow evening at 745ish Central time I will be interviewed on John Kasich's Heartland.. I know, I dont know what to say either. LOL.. I will be talking about online gambling and I really hope you all can tune in... Oh i'm so 'cited lol... To think Fox news would actually want me on their program baffles me... lol" (Nov '05)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hit it-Indy
Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Shes against parental notification for abortions, because the girl should be capable of making the decision to discuss it or not, but shes against adults deciding what to do with their own money.

Wow.

I'd hit it too..with her mouth taped shut.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

From her blog:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hit it-Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL she is so not hot. Plus, based on her interests and her blog, seems like a total world moron/book smart college kid. And yes, that tends to go hand-in-hand im afraid.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shes against parental notification for abortions, because the girl should be capable of making the decision to discuss it or not, but shes against adults deciding what to do with their own money.

Wow.

I'd hit it too..with her mouth taped shut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yah good point. Actually, I'd put up with some crazy talk to hit it myself...but that's just me Unsuccessful people will always have a hard time empathizing with those who are successful. If she were beating the game there would be no negative comments from her end. Its like that in just about every uber-profitable industry.

Indy