Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: The silence is deafening....

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars is almost certainly staying the course unless they decide not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol jizzaments
Old 10-09-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, its been a week, they cant still be *completely* up in the air. Either you are going to cut half of your business on Friday or your not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong. It isn't at all clear what this bill will and will not accomplish and my guess is that Poker Stars doesn't want to make any decisions before the landscape becomes clearer. They may be waiting for the AG to determine the extent of this bill and how it will be applied.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and the suspence is killing me. The longer Pokerstars goes without telling us their stance, the less optimistic I become. Are they waiting for the president to sign the bill before announcing their intentions, and if so, why? If they plan on staying in the US market, I see no reason why Stars would have to wait until the signing to clue us in on what is happening?

I know this is nothing but speculation and if this post is deemed worthless, go ahead and remove it. But if Pokerstars pulls out, even with all the other sites stepping up to take their place, the online poker world just is not going to be the same. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jan
Expecting the worst but hoping for the best...

[/ QUOTE ]

it'll not be the same. However, as long as some other site still let us play. then they'll slowly build it back. Overall it's still better than nothing. Earning might be down but it's still better than go back to work 9-5 job.
I really that we still can play for the next 10yrs.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, its been a week, they cant still be *completely* up in the air. Either you are going to cut half of your business on Friday or your not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong. It isn't at all clear what this bill will and will not accomplish and my guess is that Poker Stars doesn't want to make any decisions before the landscape becomes clearer. They may be waiting for the AG to determine the extent of this bill and how it will be applied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine! Then make an announcement that you will NOT be closing on Friday!

If this is their intention, then why not just come out and state it?

I am all for taking time to make a decision, but you have to say something. They are the only poker site out there that hasn't yet, and they are the second biggest one on the planet.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 PM

I agree, they need to make an announcement on where they stand at the moment. They havn't issued one for mre than a week.