Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re:sults

OK. What you guys are all saying is the first thing that popped into my head in the moment, so I 3-bet. UTG agonized and folded, and UTG+1 called me down with something he mucked at showdown. The straight made it on the river (it was a black 4), but I couldn't tell if UTG was relieved to not have seen it.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: black 7s

[ QUOTE ]
no. Your image is never as "good" as you think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true.

i tend to think most people i play against don't pay enough attention to even give me an image.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With a paired board, UTG knows I'm not 3-betting without a boat, but UTG+1 would not. UTG will fold a draw if I 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving a LOT of credit to someone if you're sure they can (1) put you for certain on a boat and (2) fold a hand like a flush draw based on that. It's a tough spot, but I'm guessing if he's on a draw, he's going to pay to see the river regardless.

However, you were there. We were not, so you if you're more than 75% certain of his actions, perhaps you could attempt to squeeze a little more out of him by just calling. It could end up negating your river action with the other opponent, since if UTG hits and bets the river, I assume you'll raise and blow away yhe other guy anyway? Are we thinking too much here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I personally like stepping on the gas pedal when I've got a huge hand and we're on a late street and the pot is multiway. I'm often pleasantly suprised at the number of people that still hang in despite the show of strength - presumably due to the size of the pot.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:45 AM

fps. raise, they're going to call you. your three betting range doesn't have a 6 in it?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM

If you enjoy money and want to win it, then raise. He's not going anywhere.