Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Is your life better or worth since George Bush became the president?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, our idiotic president has all our troops amassed in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have all our troops amassed in Iraq. Some of them are in Afghanistan as well. Like Iraq, Afghanistan boarders Iran. Bumbling Bush has effectively surrounded Iran with US forces. If you undestood anything about military strategery this puts us in a very powerful position should push ever come to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep on drinking that O'Reilly Factor Kool-aid. I'm sure it tastes great.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Is your life better or worth since George Bush became the president?

You must be < 21.

This state of mind is how the government gets away with what it does. I joke about this one all the time really. "Hey, I still make a decent wage, I've got my SUV and my Xbox so what else do I need? Nothings changed."

Educate yourself please.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your well thought out, witty, and insightful retort. You're leaps and bounds ahead of the typical brainwashed move'on.org drone.

Stu
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Is your life better or worth since George Bush became the presiden

Worth
Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 AM

Before Bush = Working crappy, hated job for a living
After Bush = Playing poker for a living

Hmm... what do you think? Of course, this is entirely irrelevant to the quality of our president.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) I pay less taxes
2) An attack has not happened on us soil since 911
3) Judges nominated to the supreme court are less likely to rule in favor of cases such as emminent domain.
4) Stock market has increased nearly 50% since the start of FY '03. (For those that dont know, the buget is established 2 years in advance. FY'03 would be the first budget under the bush administration).

[/ QUOTE ]

1) What I save in taxes, is more than spent in other increased costs under Bush.
2) An attack happened on US Soil under Bush's watch. Cheney threatened another attack unless they were re-elected.
3) A majority of Republican picked Supreme Court judges make bad decisions regarding emminent domain.
4) Stock market has finally gotten back to where it was 6 years ago before Bush got into office.

FYP
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 AM

I fear much more for the future well-being of my children, and my children's children, now than I did 6 years ago. So while my wallet may be slightly fatter, there are more important things to me than having an extra $100 a month.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering whether your life got better or worth since Bush became the president. If you found "the" girl and got married and are very happy, that's great, but that's not what I'm asking here.

My question is how did what Bush did since he became the president affecting your life.

Personally, I can't think of single thing that changed my life because of him. I know he changed the tax law, but since I don't make much money, the difference isn't much.

[/ QUOTE ]I am no fan of Bush. However, my life has gotten way better because of the economy and the improvements in certian business sectors. My company is going fantastically. However, if it were to collapse the chances of me finding a high paying job are 99%

I give great credit to Bush on the economy. Although he has screwed almost everything else up. Oddly, I gave Clinton great credit for the economy as well even though I thought he screwed everything else up as well (you can remove the "else up as well").
Old 10-09-2006, 10:29 AM

My life is better for Al Gore and John Kerry not being president, regardless of what Bush2 has or has not done.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, our idiotic president has all our troops amassed in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have all our troops amassed in Iraq. Some of them are in Afghanistan as well. Like Iraq, Afghanistan boarders Iran. Bumbling Bush has effectively surrounded Iran with US forces. If you undestood anything about military strategery this puts us in a very powerful position should push ever come to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So which part of his statement is "kool-aid"?

1) Afghanistan borders Iran
2) Iraq borders Iran
3) A large number of US troops are stationed in either Afghanistan or Irag
4) If the decision to invade Iran were made, such an invasion would be easier due to troops already being in-theatre and the ability to bring troops in-theatre easier due to our occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan

Which of these do you consider "kool-id"? Or is the final point (5) this isn't an bumbling accident but instead a long term strategic plan -- the "kool-aid"? Not everybody in the world is as complete an idiot as you might be led to believe.

( Note: I am not a "Bushie", I will probably vote Democrat the next election for the first time in my life -- but you do yourself wrong to underestimate "the competition". )