Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: AQs flops TP, how\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
delta: do you check any non-TP hands here on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm checking this flop here a lot because i'm not sure what calls this that we beat after the action (AJ is about it). By checking we can extract from KK, QQ and lose less from AA, AK.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 PM

I prefer betting the turn. It gives you a chance to bet 3 times if you want. But this hand was played fine.

I re-raise preflop frequently, but not always.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 AM

Eh...just realized PF, missed that in my OP. Flop check is fine here. I probably check and bet 50/50.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh...just realized PF, missed that in my OP. Flop check is fine here. I probably check and bet 50/50.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're gonna reraise PF, isnt this the flop we want? I think we want to bet to just end the hand if villain is on some mid PP (66-TT). I don't think we're extracting much by checking the flop behind.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
V,
Either or I think. I actually like to bet this turn after looking back on it, just because the board is so dry.

[/ QUOTE ]
just to be clear - the flop 3-bet (and subsequent call from villian) makes a flop check a better place b/c we don't fold KK,QQ,JJ hands right off the bat?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
V,
Either or I think. I actually like to bet this turn after looking back on it, just because the board is so dry.

[/ QUOTE ]
just to be clear - the flop 3-bet (and subsequent call from villian) makes a flop check a better place b/c we don't fold KK,QQ,JJ hands right off the bat?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you give them a chance to bluff at turn/river, and you get to keep the pot small against aa/ak. the only real hand you're missing a lot of value from is aj
Old 10-09-2006, 02:20 AM

To be honest, bet-check-bet, bet-bet-check or check-bet-bet lines are all fine with TP2K and a fairly dry board. I usually go for bet-bet-check here (or bet if villain's a real fish), but that's just personal preference. If I had a slightly weaker hand, I'll often go bet-check-bet instead.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're gonna reraise PF, isnt this the flop we want? I think we want to bet to just end the hand if villain is on some mid PP (66-TT). I don't think we're extracting much by checking the flop behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you want him to fold the worst hand when he's drawing to 2 outs? Why not underrep your hand and perhaps gain a bet or two?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:02 AM

This is fine. If he's a bad-LAG type then betting the turn and getting ai is good.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:33 AM

the reason I check this here is because of the PF action. I'd try to narrow his range down to PPs, AK, AQ, AJ and maybe KQ. Maybe a little more or less than that. But i don't think anything but Ax calls the flop and the As he's raising and playing to our reraise are limited. AK beats us and never folds. AQ ties us and might try to c/r forcing us to make a tough decision. AJ prob calls down but how likely is it?

On the other hand by checking we might get KQ to bet turn. Or QQ to call down. And we lose less against AA or AK. So it's sort of a pot control check and sort of to induce a bluff since we're either WA or WB