Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Find the boo-boo(s)...QQ UTG turns set

Not raising the turn is bad poker. You gave button very nice odds if he is calling with a flush draw. He is still going to call if you raise(correctly), but you just doubled his odds. Plus BB probably is check raising with Kx and may likely 3 bet, giving you the oppurtunity to trap button for more bets.

river...duh.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM

I would rather you raise the turn... gotta make someone pay for that flush draw.

I like the river bet.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM

I would call the flop check/raise but it might not be good at 1/2. Really no point in calling unless there is a fair chance that he has a draw. Raise the turn unless a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] slides off. If he wouldn't c/r a draw then just fold the flop.

As played the turn call makes no sense. He is never going to fold as he figures to have either a good draw or > K-decent. I just don't get the turn call at all. It is a no brainer raise as is the river bet as played.

As for boo-boos: Flop may or may not be. It is if you are taking a flyer but if you have a plan (raise turn on a brick and call when you find a flush draw) then you can't really argue with it. Turn is the only real mistake as I see it.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the flop check/raise but it might not be good at 1/2. Really no point in calling unless there is a fair chance that he has a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play primarily at stars. Stars 1/2 is pretty passive and borderline rockish. Same for 2/4. 3/6 and we'll talk, and I could definitely see it at 5/10.