Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: PokerStars is HUGE!!! So many players!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last night at about 11:30 (EST) there were like 60,000 people online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a lot more than the ~100k that I've seen in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they just split the count from play/cash? that would make the 66k better than the 100k. I'm not sure though.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:19 PM

88,000+ right now...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:22 PM

Don't get too excited, it looks like they will cut off usa players once its an official law.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:37 PM

96,000+ now...they must've heard you talking and decided to pump up the numbers [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get too excited, it looks like they will cut off usa players once its an official law.

[/ QUOTE ]

linky??
Old 10-05-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

linky??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is that if they weren't, they would definitely say so to capatalize on the PP going under. I see them closing their doors, honestly.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

linky??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is that if they weren't, they would definitely say so to capatalize on the PP going under. I see them closing their doors, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's just as likely that they have lawyers working on figuring out the ramifications on what it will actually mean to continue buisiness in the U.S. According to Nielson Rose the new bill only makes it illegal to offer services that were illegal before the bill. Basically changing absolutely nothing about the legality of poker. If Stars has been legally operating this whole time, then the bill means they still can. If they've been doing it illegally this whole time, then why would they stop now. I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes and several angles to consider. That's probably the main reason Stars has not made an official statement. Not because they plan on closing shop.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's just as likely that they have lawyers working on figuring out the ramifications on what it will actually mean to continue buisiness in the U.S. According to Nielson Rose the new bill only makes it illegal to offer services that were illegal before the bill. Basically changing absolutely nothing about the legality of poker. If Stars has been legally operating this whole time, then the bill means they still can. If they've been doing it illegally this whole time, then why would they stop now. I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes and several angles to consider. That's probably the main reason Stars has not made an official statement. Not because they plan on closing shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and I really wish people would stop speculating when they have no real information.

The delay in an announcement could mean something or nothing. I know if I owned Stars I would be dotting my i's and crossing my t's with so much at stake.

FWIW, I've only had a Stars account for a short time and have no specific loyalty to them.

I am a business owner and know decisions take time.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. But, players need to make decisions based on facts, not rumors.