Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Where\'s Our Statement

Hi Drew:

It may not do any good. But it will hopefully clarify where we stand.

Also, while you may not like him because his views are different from yours, I don't think members of the Republican leadership are Nazis. Many Republicans died fighting Hitler in WWII and you should think twice about your avatar.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 AM

Hi Bluff:

There was no humor in what I wrote. We do intend to get a statement up.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-05-2006, 12:17 AM

Hi 1p0kerboy:

I did talk to our attorney about addressing more than just the Poker Player's Alliance. So hopefully this will be done.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-05-2006, 12:18 AM

"We know of no problems with online poker so please keep buying our books".

ps. my legal fee is $1000/hr.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:18 AM

OK thanks. You have a dry sense of humour others fail to recognize sometimes, and the fact that such a statement is post-bill passing is what led me to think you might be having fun on posters who keep asking for your statement.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bluff:

There was no humor in what I wrote. We do intend to get a statement up.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason,

I think some of the animosity you are picking up from people is, like it or not you and David are considered "leaders" in this community.

You guys have directly taught most of us how to play a half way decent game of poker. Most of us respect and defer to you and David on matters of poker. So whether you choose to accept the mantle or not it is still yours.

So during this debacle, you guys have appeared indecisive and indifferent, mostly through your lack of response.

I am not saying that you are necessarily doing the wrong thing by your business. Butin this time which many consider a "crisis" it is natural for people to look to their mentors for guidance. Thus far you and David have not been there.

Personally I don't mind either way. But I guess it would make me feel better if you even said "you know what guys... this sucks ass."
Old 10-05-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is this statement covering? (i know tons of "statements" are needed, j/w)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi boondockst:

I don't know completely. We rely on our attorney in many ways and for much advice concerning this site as well as the publishing aspects of our company.

The original statement was just suppose to address the Poker Player's Alliance. We have now asked him to include anything else that's appropriate given the current situation.

Part of the problem is that it's not completely exactly clear what the current situation is. His firm has as of our conversation on Tuesday not yet analyzed the language in the bill, and of course, the procedures are not yet written.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 AM

Your attorney wouldnt by any chance be doing all this traveling out of country in order to set up foriegn bank accounts and addresses so you guys can still legally play online poker would he? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 AM

Take all the time you need, Mason. Nothing good comes from hasty decisions or pronouncements.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mason,

I think some of the animosity you are picking up from people is, like it or not you and David are considered "leaders" in this community.

You guys have directly taught most of us how to play a half way decent game of poker. Most of us respect and defer to you and David on matters of poker. So whether you choose to accept the mantle or not it is still yours.

So during this debacle, you guys have appeared indecisive and indifferent, mostly through your lack of response.

I am not saying that you are necessarily doing the wrong thing by your business. Butin this time which many consider a "crisis" it is natural for people to look to their mentors for guidance. Thus far you and David have not been there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to echo this very well put statement. Would I have liked to see you guys do something more then just a statement, yes. Do you guys have to, of course not, but many of us feel let down. Your seeing some of that anger vented in here.
Closed Thread