Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Not sure i got this right. (TP OOP)

I bet the flop. As small as the pot is and dry as the the board is there isn't really any reason to check here. Betting the flop is the way to go IMO. OOP i'm not raising this pre flop.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:25 AM

I don't like your flop c/r. The pot is small therefore a bet protects your hand and more importantly you have absolutely no reason to expect anyone behind you to bet (unless you have a read you didn't tell us about).
The way you played it I guess the turn bet is mandatory.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:14 PM

in this spot i would lean towards raise (for the same reasons outlined as Gib) ...

also ... I don't think you can go for a c/r raise here (the ace is a scare card and I can't see too many taking a stab at it)

why didn't you lead the turn?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 PM

*grunch*

I think you have a marginal-to-strong hand here. I would only bet if I thought I could get people out of the pot. I would call the flop and re-evaluate. Since this villain has pretty high TOT-A stats, I think I would even call down UI.

Edit: Change my mind, lead the flop and the turn. Fold to a raise.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:39 AM

thanks guys.

i dont like the idea of raising this PF being OOP. maybe it makes a difference that this was a FR table that had been reduced to 6? is this a raise in 6 max?

i went for the c/r on the flop only because villian had high af. if his af was more like 1 or 1.5 i would lead.

i wanted to c/r flop because to try and protect and get it HU. if CO had called, i would have just called. is this incorrect? because the pot is small?

i agree, i should have lead the turn. nothing to say he is going to bet twice, and i will loose value if its checked through. my thinking at the time was that i dont want to get raised by a bigger ace that called the flop planning to raise the turn. i realise this is foolish thinking due to the lack of PFR combinded with no RR on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why you donk the river

[/ QUOTE ]

this was in line with why i c/c the turn. sort of wawb thing. but totally misused line in this case.

thanks for the comments.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:48 AM

Pf is not a raise. It's not like you're trying to iso a limper + poster with position. This ends up 3-4 way OOP far too often. You did right. Just complete and see a flop.

Flop check is meh. Pot is pretty small to be bothering with this, and the lack of pfr means we have the best hand quite often. It's also only 4 way. I'd bet out.

A bit troubling that UTG+1 bets here, but he could easily have Axs if your stats are full ring (and/or he doesn't adjust well to shorhanded poker). Don't mind the c/r after you check the flop.

Not sure why you check this turn. You're probably not on a draw. It's not like you raised a hand you don't like anymore because the board got scary or a lot of people called or something. He calls his aces. The flop c/r also probably makes him think twice about betting his medium strength hands, so there's not a huge range that will bet here given the flop action with an A on board. Save this line for when you can credibly be giving up on c-bet type situations + your opponent probably has relatively few outs (given the pot size) + he'll often fold when bet into again, but will frequently bet when checked to.

This isn't a good time for it. I bet the turn.