Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circums

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So since I live near canadian border, I could get apartment there, change my address for party purposes and play there?

How about if I got the apartment for a bit in canada, changed address with party, then came back home to states and played through proxy? Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Proving residency in Canada may be a lot harder than you think. It is easy to go over and get a case of Brador and drink at 19 as a visitor, but getting premission to do "residency" things is very difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm sure Party's address verification process will be intensely rigorous--since we know how thorough Party has always been in the past when it comes to every aspect of their business.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for me. They rejecting my first email attempt because they thought my documentation was fake (it wasn't).
Old 10-04-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Re: You\'ll not be allowed to play from a US ISP addy under any circumstan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So since I live near canadian border, I could get apartment there, change my address for party purposes and play there?

How about if I got the apartment for a bit in canada, changed address with party, then came back home to states and played through proxy? Would that work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Proving residency in Canada may be a lot harder than you think. It is easy to go over and get a case of Brador and drink at 19 as a visitor, but getting premission to do "residency" things is very difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm sure Party's address verification process will be intensely rigorous--since we know how thorough Party has always been in the past when it comes to every aspect of their business.

[/ QUOTE ]
They seem to get pretty tough when you do your first withdrawal of more than your deposit total. That is where most people get caught. I guess then if you are losing player that works, but if you want to withdraw winnings you are going to need some documents to support your residency status.

As posted in another reply though, the casual player will not go this extreme to play at Party, so unless you like the site a lot and want tougher games, follow the USA fish to whatever site will take them. I will meet you there.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:17 AM

Met,

Did PP want to call you in the foriegn country? Did they specify whether a PO box would work instead of an address?
Did they ask to see your passport? Did they what kind of Visa/Residency you had?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:20 AM

Vern,

Where did you see anything about "residency" in my post?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The US fish will not be jumping through these hoops to fund their Party accounts, so I don't know why you people even bother to speculate about this stuff."

I make more $ than you. Thats why.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still a ridiculous and irrelevant concern.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have UPS Stores in Canada? The address I gave party was to a UPS store mail box and I've never had a problem.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vern,

Where did you see anything about "residency" in my post?

[/ QUOTE ]
To get a bank account in Canada you must prove residency. To prove to Party Poker I am expecting that you would need to show some form of residency in Canada. I did the research, it is not as easy as Costa Rica to immigrate to. I think you will need to satisfy to Party's satification that you are a legal resident of the new country and that will be harder than having a mailing address in Canada, at least to make withdrawals (IMHO).
Old 10-04-2006, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have UPS Stores in Canada? The address I gave party was to a UPS store mail box and I've never had a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think the only franchise with more offices in Toronto was the Tim Hortons. There was something like 20 UPS stores in Toronto alone.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 AM

You can still make withdrawals to your US bank account. If your account is already funded, than you dont even need a Canadian bank account.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can still make withdrawals to your US bank account. If your account is already funded, than you dont even need a Canadian bank account.

[/ QUOTE ]
I await Met's answer, I remember him commenting in another thread that Party made him prove his residency status in Sweden to change his address in Party. I think Party will be on guard for quick changes and will continue to require that amount of proof to change a player's country of residency.