Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: status change

n00b,

Caution is a good thing. Lurk for a while. Read threads. See which threads suck and which get people *'s. See which ones generate positive responses. After you get a better feel for it, start replying to the threads of others when you think you have something to offer that may not have been mentioned already. New threads are always judged more harshly than replies. After a while, you'll get the hang of it.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam,

Too much time and too little to do???

[/ QUOTE ]
I just did a quick image search for "derisive". You're right, though. I had 45 free seconds, and this filled the gap with only a couple seconds to spare. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt another constructive discussion about *s.
-Sam
Old 10-05-2006, 08:39 PM

So my * is for OOT? I guess I guessed right. For the unforgivable sin of starting a thread comparing the aesthetics of brown chairs vs. blue chairs at Paradise? That is a punishable offense? OK, fair enough. And I appreciate the common courtesy displayed by the moderators in explaining this matter.

I'm clearly not worthy of OOT. So banish me forever from OOT and take away the *.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: is this feasible for OOT?

is it possible that the * under a persons name also act as a link to * receiving post? this way new/infrequent users (aka me) can see why they deserve their mantle.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that the * under a persons name also act as a link to * receiving post? this way new/infrequent users (aka me) can see why they deserve their mantle.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that be cool though. Even if it was possible it would be WAY to much work, a well modded OOT requires a lot of *s. If you want to avoid a * then just don't do anything retarded. Be extra careful to, a low post count is much more likely to get one that a high post count.

To OP,

A thread comparing colors of chairs at paradise in OOT? WTF dude, that's ridiculous. OTHER OTHER TOPICS. There's a [censored] load of poker forums, why would you pick OOT? Not to mention that even if it was in the appropiate forum it would be a very subpar thread.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not possible, sorry. links do not work in titles. usually we try to make a note in your user info (accessible to all mods) about why you got the *, so if you ask you will know. usually you'll also know because a mod will berate you in the thread where it occured, delete your OP, move it, lock it, or do something else nasty.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So my * is for OOT? I guess I guessed right. For the unforgivable sin of starting a thread comparing the aesthetics of brown chairs vs. blue chairs at Paradise? That is a punishable offense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I notified moderators on that one - and I think I have done that exactly TWO times.