Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Getting involved in Politics

Vote libertarian!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um, a third party has never won

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, the Republican Party used to be a third party...
Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have voted conservative, Republican for many years as a Christian. But I am now forming a new party called Anti-Incumbent. Preferably sticking to Republicans during primaries and Libertarians/Independents where available. But my new motto is enforcing my own term limits on everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck. Bill Frist and his GOP cohorts were elected in part of the anti-incumbent, term-limits craze of the '90s... That worked out well...
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 AM

Don't vote libertarian. I'm always opposed to the "it wont make a difference so why even do it" attitude, but it is amplified in this case. Voting lib not only truly wont make a difference (a lib pres wont be put in office anytime soon for sure) it also widens the gap between whatever close race the democrats have with the republicans (in favor of the republicans). You guys voting libertarian after getting primarily pissed at the Republicans makes no sense and only helps Fristyboy get into the white house.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:47 PM

"um, a third party has never won, why not vote for a party that can do some good rather than just not voting for a major party? i agree neither party seems appealing right now, but democrats usually dont screw things up as badly as republicans do
"

Correct a third party probably will not win. However if the third party gets enough support it will make the democrats and republicans start looking at the issues the third party is campaigning on and force them to address them.

Ross Pero(sp) never won however he changed the issues they were forced to address.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't vote libertarian. I'm always opposed to the "it wont make a difference so why even do it" attitude, but it is amplified in this case. Voting lib not only truly wont make a difference (a lib pres wont be put in office anytime soon for sure) it also widens the gap between whatever close race the democrats have with the republicans (in favor of the republicans). You guys voting libertarian after getting primarily pissed at the Republicans makes no sense and only helps Fristyboy get into the white house.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does taking a vote away from the republicans and giving it to the libertarians help frist? Would love to hear this reasoning.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...um why not vote for a party that can do some good ....

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO...I've been involved in politics and I've NEVER met a politician that wasn't out for himself, public servants MY ARSE!