Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Why is everyone cashing out?

Who's cashing out???
Old 10-02-2006, 07:51 PM

well, i don't want to cash out, since it appears funding of accounts is trying to be regulated.

so, i don't want to get stuck not being able to play only because i can't fund my account

i'll just withdraw profits from now on, and keep sufficient amount on there assuming i can never deposit again
Old 10-02-2006, 07:53 PM

While u all cash out im actually depositing tonight to up my BR alittle since im no longer playing on Party.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 PM

Anyone with a brain will cash out. With the smaller sites that depend on U.S. customers primarily, what's to keep them from absconding with the funds of U.S. players if they know they'll be going out of business anyway? If that were to happen, what is the likelihood of poker players filing suit against those sites to recover their money?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:57 PM

I'm not talking about small sites here. I could give a rats ass about Betsy's Club or Jetset poker. I want to know major ones like Full Tilt and Stars. Because you can still cash out even after the bill is enacted into a law.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand why everyone is cashing out of party, but why is everyone cashing out of other sites? Once Bush signs the bill on wednesday (or next week,) we still have 270 days to play and then we can cash out? What's the point of cashing out so fast?

[/ QUOTE ]Everyone is cashing out because they are morons.....you will still be able to play,they wont block ISP's and there will always be some kind of a method to deposit or withdrawal (i.e. western union)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said........I think we should focus on how to get our money in / out of poker sites "legally". There has to be a loop hole somewhere(I hope!). Do you think Bill Frist spent a lot of time checking loop holes? Or did he put this bill together rather quickly for his own political gain?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 PM

What makes you think they can't or won't instruct/order the ISPs to block access? They do it in China and they will do it here. It's a simple letter to Comcast or AOL backed by the governments power and threats and that's the end of it. Do you really think ISPs will make an issue of it?
Old 10-02-2006, 09:10 PM

[censored] I cashed out all I had but that was before friday and they just hit my bank...

1. I haven't been keeping great records but I had ALOT of money (to me) in different accounts.

2. Reloading is easier then getting it out once its banned and I cant log into partypoker etc.

3. I REALLY needed to pay some bills.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is cashing out because they are morons.....you will still be able to play,they wont block ISP's and there will always be some kind of a method to deposit or withdrawal (i.e. western union)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is cashing out because they are morons.....you will still be able to play,they wont block ISP's and there will always be some kind of a method to deposit or withdrawal (i.e. western union)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is lot more to it than just be able to withdraw. I don't play as often as some of you guys do. I also have a regular graduate student life that requires my attention. Even though I follow 2+2 religiously, I might miss some thing and may not see some sites suddenly blocked or not able to cash out etc. I log out today, come back after a week and If I can't login for whatever reason I am f*ked. That's the reason why many people are cashing out.

Secondly, I am in no hurry to make money or I am not dependent upon poker for anything. I can cash out, just wait it out, and see what happens. If after 6 months, PS, FT are still there and small sites like TruePoker, Poker.com are catchcing up, I can happily get back to my 12-tabling.