Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: is this good? (confidence is shot)

*grunch*
Tough one. Semi loose call preflop. Especially after CO caps after calling first time. Pocket pair, TT or bigger are screaming at me.

Great flop. I like taking the lead with betting. I dont think either player would make preflop moves with 88. If I'm sure no one else is after the flush or has a 6 either, then I probably 3bet if UTG calls due to equity.

Turn gets a little tricky. He's more than likely beating your J's right now and you want that flush card as cheap as possible. Not to mention you'll no longer be getting correct odds to chase for flush if you call his raise. Check/call his bet to save one.

River is unfortunate. You have to call though because pot's big. You should win this more often than 7% of the time with top pair here.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:02 AM

Pre-flop: Really wierd play by both UTG and CO. But I can't see how you can fold here. So everything looks good

Flop: check call the river

Turn:Bet and call his riase even though I would feel like you're beat. If his preflop seen% wasn't so high I would fold to his raise.

River: Looks fine.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 AM

I honestly don't like a single street. Perhaps it would be best if you tried some .25/.50 on Stars or Paradise and tried to rebuild your roll and then take another shot at .5/1?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't like a single street. Perhaps it would be best if you tried some .25/.50 on Stars or Paradise and tried to rebuild your roll and then take another shot at .5/1?

[/ QUOTE ]

The preflop play is very standard.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:31 AM

Wow, I will think about moving. I was actually on a consistent climb from October til now. Over 10,000 hands I was running about 3bb/100. I will consider your advice.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG and CO are both running 60/4/1 over 50 hands. Both are calling down when they catch even a little piece. I have CO play some pretty sketchy hands. UTG doesn't let go for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of guys like this on the table can massively increase variance. In the long run they are losers but in the short run, which you are talking about here, they can take your money. Even though they are losers they may not lose it back to you.

[ QUOTE ]
Is 92BB within the realm of variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is. You could have played perfect poker and still lose 92BB easily. This is why the recommended limit bankroll is 300BB so that you can deal with variance without going bust.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Going through something similar. But only down 60BB so far... Feels scarrrry. Good luck to u anyway!!!

Eat those fishes!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now you dsohud elll take a me money

[/ QUOTE ]

YES TAKE TEH MONEY

ahaha
Old 01-28-2006, 12:05 PM

i saw 400 hands the other day, won 4; down around 150BB. the fun part was killing not the neighbor's dog, but the neighbor himself. oh, and that gallon of ice cream was pretty sweet too. my fist hurts where i shoved it through the monitor, but what's a few bodily injuries to a poker player like me?

you can understand how poker became the rage, back in 1835.

yo, billy-dude, wanta play sum pohker?
well, it's either that, or fook that cow over there, like we did last night.
pohker it is, then, right on! i'm gettin' way too attached to that ho-cow, i am.

Seriously, you might try building your confidence by waiting for some hands from the sweet 16, and playing those only...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:05 PM

Don't forget that 10k hands is practically nothing.

I actually just played my first 10k hands of both 3/6 and 5/10 full. My winrate for 3/6 was approximately -1BB/100 while my winrate for 5/10 was +3BB/100. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]